AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that is near Philadelphia, please try and attend the Philadelphia Film Festival (known as Philafilm) on July 6, as my short film, OBSESSIONS: The Bryan Rearden Story is going to make it's world premiere. This is a very exciting event for me, as making and completing the film has been not only an adventure, but a nightmarish hell of delays, cost over-runs, lab disasters and other calamities that nearly drove me mad.

AVS's Jerome Saliga viewed a rough cut of my short on VHS at his place some months ago and was very kind with his comments. I hope that some from this forum may have the chance to come by and view it on July 6.

The film is scheduled to be shown in 35mm, but Philafilm is having trouble booking a theater, so it may be viewed via a BetaSP tape. Hopefully they will be able to secure a theater for the festival, since BetaSp is far from the ideal method of viewing my film (or any film).

Derek Wan, the Hong Kong cinematographer and sometimes director who is going to direct my feature script, DECEPTIONS, is hoping to be there. His last film, MANHATTAN MIDNIGHT, premiered at last's year's Philafilm and won best picture and cinematography. It was shot on HD.

I hope that this post is not out of line. If so, moderator's, please email me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.