AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were watching a movie and my wife said she smells some kind of rubber burning, five minutes later the Sim2 C3X PJ went dark with flushing red light in the back of unit. It took a long time for it to power down. A few weeks ago I noticed the fan was making more noise than usual and that was reason for it I guess. So I unplug everything from the PJ.

Me thinks that the fan went bad on my Sim2C3X and I am afraid to turn unit on again until I hear from my brothers here at AVS, what could be wrong with my PJ. I have a feeling this unit need a trip to Florida.

I would like to hear from you guys, to see if what I said about the fan gone bad is correct.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Ouch! No useful info, just sympathy... Good luck getting it fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeyer /forum/post/15427785

Ouch! No useful info, just sympathy... Good luck getting it fixed or replaced.

Wow, is it that bad getting it fixed or replaced. My unit is two years old already..

·
Registered
271 Posts
I presume that you did not get an overheat warning! As long as it did not generate to much heat inside the unit you should be okay. Just a warning that you should definitely get it checked out before you turn it on again. I had a similar situation with my Sim2 HT200 about four years ago. The unit overheated and shut off like yours without a warning on the screen. I turned it on the next day to watch it and it overheated again gave me a warning on the screen then "cooked the DMD chip".

I would not worry to much as mine did that because the hush box my home theater contractor built did not have adequate ventilation.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpauline /forum/post/15428986

I presume that you did not get an overheat warning! As long as it did not generate to much heat inside the unit you should be okay. Just a warning that you should definitely get it checked out before you turn it on again. I had a similar situation with my Sim2 HT200 about four years ago. The unit overheated and shut off like yours without a warning on the screen. I turned it on the next day to watch it and it overheated again gave me a warning on the screen then "cooked the DMD chip".

I would not worry to much as mine did that because the hush box my home theater contractor built did not have adequate ventilation.

Thanks man. My unit is not in a hushbox and is mounted free from the ceiling. I didn't get no warnings from the screen at all. Like I said the only thing I noticed was the sound from fan was way too loud at sometimes.

I must make a call to Sim on Friday and we take it from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.