AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a small pop or click like noise and lost picture and sound. The led is lit and seems to stay green if I select active or inactive channels. It will momentarily flash red when a channal selection is made indicating some responce to the channal select button. It will turn on and off with the remote. There seems to be a blank grey video raster comeing from it because the tv displays differently if there is no signal at all. Sometimes goes to no video when I try to select somthing. Can not get menues to display. Tryed component and s-video outs. Unpludded it overnight, no change. Any chance that this thing could respond to a software reload? Currently ver 2.0

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
John,

My srt-150 acted the same way today after I had just moved my antenna outside. I was tuning it and I was able to get CBS which is a vhf channel once I had that I checked out the other channels and when I came to ch. 32 which showed no signal my tuner crashed. Turning it on and off did nothing but when I disconnected the antenna and connected with the addition of a amp. it worked. So then I reconnected without the amp & it still worked. So later I had to check the channels again and when i went to ch. 32, same thing, it crashed. So I tried just disconnecting the antenna and reconnect it. But no good. But when I jump started with the amp. it came back. So i did a channel search and got rid of ch. 32 for now. The only fly in the ointment is the antenna is not grounded. And maybe that is doing something. Because when I plug in the amp which is grounded problem goes away. I guess I will ground it. Best of luck.

Steve

Let me know if this fixed it.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Are you running with firmware v2.0? I found that version crashes on certain channels. Dropping down to v1.8 I don't have problems with any channels.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WTTWSTEVE

Exactly

I disconnected the antenna and turned it on and the menu functions were back. Put the antenna back on and it works. If it lands on 32 it locks up. Also discovered a new channal 10 but reception is on the edge. I also have an amplifier. I need the amp because there's about 100 ft of cable from the antenna to the house. A previous owner had a small wind generator on a 25' pole. The pole now has my antenna. The amp is half way up the pole. There is an underground conduit out to the pole which now has the RG6 for the antenna. Could be channal 32 is the problem. I wonder if it also could be a strong signal overloading the amplifier.

John

Yes it's version 2.0

·
Super Moderator
18,521 Posts
It is possible for a weak or corrupt signal from an OTA ATSC station to wreck an STB. Remember, it's just a datastream and we all know what happens when our computers encounter corrupt data. Your STB is a computer. Until I replaced my antenna, leaving my Zenith 1080 tuned to a particular Dayton station (I'm in northern Kentucky) almost guaranteed a wreck that would require a reboot. The Samsung T-151 handles corrupt data a lot better. I haven't had anything wreck it, yet.

Doc

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything about my antenna system has been the same for several months, but this problem just started. Something must have changed at channal 32.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the 8 months I have had the SIR-T150 I have always been able to watch channal 32 and the software has always been 2.0 and the receiver has never locked up before, so somthing else must have changed unless my software has been somehow corrupted.

John

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Some equipment might have changed at channel 32's faciilities - my point is v2.0 firmware is known to have problems with some stations, I don't know what causes it - but for me the one channel that had problems with v2.0 was fixed by downloading v1.8 firmware. With v2.0 and my local WB channel after a minute it would start to make a hissing sound and then reset.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.