AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dual LNB dish with both lines in use right now, so I bought an RCA 4 way multiswitch. Since my receiver is coming tomorrow I thought I would get a jump on things and put up the multiswitch tonight.

When I disconnected the existing set up and put the two feeds down from the dish into the switch and hooked the two existing feeds to the receivers in port 1 and 2 no signal.

Did I do something wrong, does it need to have all three out feeds in it to work. I check all the connections and still no luck.

Any thoughts or advice guys?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Pat,

No, you do not need to connect all 4 outputs (though terminators on the unused outputs are usually a good idea).

Did you try the other 2 outputs? Not to be a wiseguy, but be sure you've connected the LNB outputs to the switch's input and that your receivers are connected to the switch's output.

If all your connections are correct and you get no signal from any of the outputs, then my guess is that the switch is DOA.

One last thing....does the switch require a power supply? If so, is it plugged in?

Good Luck,

SteveK

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not checked the outputs/inputs to be the correct ones but I am fairly sure. I am going down now to mark each one and switch them around.

I have an RCA Dish and two RCA receivers. The Sony UTV is not here yet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outout/Input mixed up! Thanks for suggesting it. I was sure they were right!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well Dopey,

I'am sure your the first UTV user this has ever happened too... ;)

Wish all the problems could work out as well...

Be sure you check all the outputs on that RCA switch they have been reported to have had some problems in the past for whatever that's worth..

Enjoy your new UTV... :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wrb
Well Dopey,

I'am sure your the first UTV user this has ever happened too... ;)

Speaking of stupid things that make you feel like an idiot after you finally figure out the problem, did any other RCA UTV owners think that they forgot to include an access card while you were unpacking your UTV? I saw the empty slot on the front of my RCA and spent the next hour tearing apart my apartment looking for the damn thing. Felt like total moron when I finally popped open the front panel and saw the access card just sitting in there. I guess that's one more reason to buy Sony:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I remember looking thru all the manuals for the access card, but it only took me a few minutes to figure out that there's a "hidden" card slot ;-)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I returned two before finding the hidden slot, (what read the manual, bleh....:eek: ) Anyway, what's sad is Best Buy's crack staff took both of them back.

The other stupid thing I did was send back a UTV for repair. Sony found nothing wrong and sent it back. I hooked it back up found the issue was still present, called Sony and went up one side of them and down the other. Shortly after I found that I had a Cable that had gone bad!:rolleyes:

My wife was cracking up....:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.