AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got around to taking some measurements in my room and experimenting with my sub placement this weekend. Its amazing what 10 or 12 inches of movement will do to your response! After several hours of testing and many different placements, I finally got the best curve that I could get in my small room (12 X 17 X 8) in the front left corner. Of course, this may all change when I upgrade my sub (PW-2200), but for now, its the best. Im about 50/50 music/HT. Even if I dont do anything else, my system sound so much better now! Especially music. Much more natural bass now (at least for a bandpass anywayhehe).

Now on to my questions. Can I improve on this curve quite a bit just by upgrading to the PW-2200 ported sub from the bandpass PS-1000 that I have now? I have considered a BFD, but should I wait to see how the new sub responds first?

If I tame the 52hz and 76hz peaks with a BFD, will it help at all with the drastic dip at 62hz and the gradual dip around 95 hz?

My SPL drops now drastically under 30 hz. Is this my room, or will the PS-1000 just not do any better than this? Should I be able to hit considerably lower with the PW-2200?

Thanks for the help in advance, and feel free to add any other suggestions. Thanks! David

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.