AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading alot about the behringer DSP1124P feedback destroyer as an EQ for my subs...i have a HSU MBM and a HSU VTF3 HO with turbo...now i know these have filters built in...but if i were to use a equalizer like the behringer which from what i understand doesnt do this would i need to buy another subsonic filter? theres also the EQ from elemental designs...much more basic but it has the subsonic filter built in...so basically im just asking if i buy an EQ that doesnt have this feature built in do i need to buy one seperately? i dont see why i would as i wouldnt think that the EQ not having a subsonic filter would render the one already on my subs worthless correct?

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Generally you won't need an additional subsonic filter because, as you said, most ported subs have them built in below tuning. It's the DIY folks that sometimes need to worry about that some times.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wavey, Learn to use REW and them determine if you need a BDF or any EQing. Can not EQ out a null but will deal with peaks.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thsmith /forum/post/15536530

Wavey, Learn to use REW and them determine if you need a BDF or any EQing. Can not EQ out a null but will deal with peaks.

yes all i have are peaks...there are only 2 of them...one is at 64 to 59 and the other is from 45 to 41...other than that it doesnt deviate beyond 2db or so in either direction!!! all the room treatments i spent money on really helped it out alot...thats why i was considering just getting the eQ.2 from elemental designs because all i have are 2 peaks...but then again for the rougly the same price i could the behringer and be able to have total control over everything...i like control

1 - 4 of 4 Posts