AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading alot about the behringer DSP1124P feedback destroyer as an EQ for my subs...i have a HSU MBM and a HSU VTF3 HO with turbo...now i know these have filters built in...but if i were to use a equalizer like the behringer which from what i understand doesnt do this would i need to buy another subsonic filter? theres also the EQ from elemental designs...much more basic but it has the subsonic filter built in...so basically im just asking if i buy an EQ that doesnt have this feature built in do i need to buy one seperately? i dont see why i would as i wouldnt think that the EQ not having a subsonic filter would render the one already on my subs worthless correct?

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thsmith /forum/post/15536530

Wavey, Learn to use REW and them determine if you need a BDF or any EQing. Can not EQ out a null but will deal with peaks.

yes all i have are peaks...there are only 2 of them...one is at 64 to 59 and the other is from 45 to 41...other than that it doesnt deviate beyond 2db or so in either direction!!! all the room treatments i spent money on really helped it out alot...thats why i was considering just getting the eQ.2 from elemental designs because all i have are 2 peaks...but then again for the rougly the same price i could the behringer and be able to have total control over everything...i like control

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.