Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What i currently have;

P3 733 MHZ coppermine,asus Cusl2 motherboard-815E chipset, 512 mb pc 133 sdrram, Creative blaster anihi. G2 gts 32 megs, 30 gig seagate

What i'm considering to change/add for my cinema;

PIONEER 16x DVD ROM 106s INT, Radeon7500 64MB DDR with DVI & TV OEM, Blaster LIVE 5.1 PCI OEM

What is the best or most reliable ATI card for htpc right now?

Will this do for an htpc? Another issue is i prefer the gforce card i have for gaming since i do a lot and have read that the radeons suck for games but are better for video. :) Is it not wise to have your htpc dedicated for nothing but dvd play back? For stabilty reasons? My 2 uses are, dvd movies and games. The games i will play over a monitor.- The movies through a projector. I suppose 2 video cards would require a dual boot system in order to pull that off.

Or, should i just buy another bare bones system and upgrade it to the following for my gaming rig and use my old system for my cinema? It is more expensive way to go though.:(

Gaming multi purpose PC

Processor Intel P4 2.0 GHz 512 k PGA 478pin 400FSB Retail Box Motherboards ASUS P4BGL-VM P4 400M/533Hz FSB 845GL chipset (DDR) Video,Sound, ATA133,ATX Memory PC2100 DDR 266 512MB Cases Foxconn Mid-Tower 350 Watt Front USB (Beige Base Front)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Something like the Radeon 8500 (now fixed for HTPC!) would run your games fine and look great.

Why do you want a Soundblaster? They don't sound good, cost more and are a headache...check out the C-media based cards.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okies, i'll look into those c-media based cards. Where do i find them? a link would be helpful. I want to be able to output to my dolby reciever for my sound. I'm open to suggestions on all components. I'm new to the htpc scene. 8500 uh? I'll look into that then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.