AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am not the most informed on some other threads but here I kinda rule. I was not aware of the part of AVS. So here goes. I started with the first Popcorn Hour and now have many of the players. Currently I am loving the Popcorn C-200 and the Dune Hd Base, but I have a Dune HD Prime with Blu Ray. I also have an HDX Bd-1. More on that later. The Popcorn supports all of the major cover art programs, especially YAMJ so with that and name your skin you have access and some regulation of what you have. Both the Popcorn and the Dune support Samba so you can easily connect to your NAS servers, and I have a lot on those. Both support all of the major audio codecs and all of the video files, BD, BDiso and MKV's which I am most interested in. I have found very few, and I want to stress very few files that will not play beautifully on both. My main gripe is the lack of real, and free, stressing free, cover art for the Dune. Hope that some really great Nerd writes that soon. If anyone needs any questions covered just pm me.

Seline

C-200

Dune Hd Base

Dune Hd Prime

HDX Bd1

HDX 1000

Kaibor 1000

Dvico lots

Ac Ryan Playon HD

And a few more

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
The C-200 doesn't support hd audio from standalone ts/m2ts...which a lot of us rippped to from the A-100/110 days. So I'm not sure you rule as much as you think you do.

CD

·
Registered
4,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner /forum/post/18134836

The C-200 doesn't support hd audio from standalone ts/m2ts...which a lot of us rippped to from the A-100/110 days. So I'm not sure you rule as much as you think you do.

CD

Too funny... Cut him some slack... He is 12 years old and he rules!

·
Registered
834 Posts
For a 12 year old that rules he sure does have a lot of cash to spend on equipment!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow I was just trying to help. The C-200 on my system plays all BD's with Dolby True HD, DTS Master Audio, so I am not sure what you are telling me. If you ripped som TS files perhaps you did not do them correctly. I was just trying to post some info and not get all of this.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothaselin /forum/post/18139474

Wow I was just trying to help. The C-200 on my system plays all BD's with Dolby True HD, DTS Master Audio, so I am not sure what you are telling me. If you ripped som TS files perhaps you did not do them correctly. I was just trying to post some info and not get all of this.
Plays BDs with TrueHD and DTS-HD MA; what does that mean? Plays the disc? Of course it does. And it plays hd audio codecs with BD ripped to .ISO and BD folder structure too. But ts/m2ts (as well as mkv) is a very common standalone file structure...and the C-200 (as well as the new A-200) doesn't stream hd audio codecs from it.

Let me ask you this: you say you started with "the first Popcorn Hour"...so I assume you mean the A-100. What did you rip BDs to for play with that? Pardon my saying so, but you don't seem quite as informed as I think you think you are; i.e. "you rule". If you had looked around the forum a bit before posting, I think you would have seen we do OK for ourselves; and from the sound of things, maybe you should be asking us questions rather than offering up your expertise.

CD

·
Registered
4,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner /forum/post/18139890

Plays BDs with TrueHD and DTS-HD MA; what does that mean? Plays the disc? Of course it does. And it plays hd audio codecs with BD ripped to .ISO and BD folder structure too. But ts/m2ts (as well as mkv) is a very common standalone file structure...and the C-200 (as well as the new A-200) doesn't stream hd audio codecs from it.

Let me ask you this: you say you started with "the first Popcorn Hour"...so I assume you mean the A-100. What did you rip BDs to for play with that? Pardon my saying so, but you don't seem quite as informed as I think you think you are; i.e. "you rule". If you had looked around the forum a bit before posting, I think you would have seen we do OK for ourselves; and from the sound of things, maybe you should be asking us questions rather than offering up your expertise.

CD

CD are picking on a 12 year old again?.... His dada is gonna kicka you assa !
... and I don't think you ripped your TS files correctly either... That is why you owe me 2 lunches now!

·
Registered
4,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothaselin /forum/post/18139474

I am just playing with you, no harm .. just messing around...Also, Ignore CD he is just a streamer bully!

·
Registered
11,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr /forum/post/18140149

CD are picking on a 12 year old again?.... His dada is gonna kicka you assa !
... and I don't think you ripped your TS files correctly either... That is why you owe me 2 lunches now!

I sure hope you're kidding; after all, you placed your
in the wrong place (I'm overlooking your omission).

CD

·
Registered
11,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr /forum/post/18140856

Yup... wrong place... my bad.. Kidding about everything

Good...'cuz I'm no bully. And let's put this to rest: mothaselin, I don't know how old you really are...but if you didn't know, it's bad form to come into a forum new to you and make such a boisterous claim. You're likely to invite the kind of ridicule you received. If you're really king-**** of all things digital, I'd think you'd have enough Netiquette to look around and feel things out a bit...you know, before you lay claim to being our ruler.

All is forgiven; and now, back to bitching about PCH...lol.

CD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.