AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Nice, looking good! We move into our new house in about 3 weeks, so hopefully I will be able to post that my theater has been started as well. Good luck, keep us posted...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Great start Chris!

Look forward to following along...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys.

Chip, I've been following your progress I'm dying to see the walls go up as I'm sure you are.

Here's the plan:

I'm fortunate to live in the Rochester, NY. As you may know Rochester is the home of AV Science. Jason has come to the house and helped with advise on equipment and layout. I'm buying all my stuff with Jason at AVS. Great service, great pricing and the knowledge base to match.

Equipment

I'm 90% sure on a DWIN TV3

Denon 4802r receiver

Atlantic Tech. 370s LCR, 2 subs, system 20 for sides and rears.

Bravo D1 dvd

7 - Berkline 090s. 3 in front 4 on a 12" riser.

GOM hung vertically with sides and rears in columns

Projector mounted in a soffit I have to build to hide Mech. 14' from the screen.

Soffit around the room creating two trays.

Rope lights in crown molding of the soffits.

Fixed 116" Stewart Firehawk

Motorize drape rod for 4:3 masking

Build stage to flush mount all speakers behind GOM.

Concession will have 27" sony built in custom cabinetry. You don't want miss anything getting a drink.

OK guys what have I missed?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
You're gonna love the Denon 4802 - I bought the same one from Jason.

Here's something go consider: put a second "zone" of speakers in your lobby. I put in a nice pair of Niles ceiling mounts in there. The 4802 can drive the second zone and you can select the source - so you can have sound from your theater, or drive a completely different source - so music from radio or cd player (lobby music!). It's a little difficult to figure out from the doc - use the remote to page to the multi-zone controls. It's a nice addition.

Randy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.