AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just going to get this started and I'll hopefully update with pictures this weekend.

It has been a long road to where i am today but I'm quite pleased with how everything sounds. This system is a work in progress but aren't all of our systems like that.

Gear:

• Anthem Statement D2
  • McIntosh MC300
  • Emotiva XPA-3
  • Oppo BDP-105
  • TiVo Roamio Plus
  • Legacy Classic speakers (L&R)
  • Revel M20 (center)
  • Polk Monitors (rear surrounds)
Gaming

• HTPC with steam & emulators
  • Xbox 360 slim
  • ouya
  • Wii
2 Channel

• Well Tempered Turn table
  • PS Audio GCPH phono preamp
HTPC
  • Kodi (XBMC) operating system
  • 6tb internal drive
  • 16gb Crucial ram (8gb x 2)
  • Intel i5
  • 20tb storage on server. (2.3tb of actual video)
  • Asus wireless ac network
Other

• Sony laserdisc player
  • Apple TV version 3
  • Belkin PureAV Power Center (2)
  • Xbox HD-DVD player
  • MIT Shotgun speaker cables and interconnects.
well this is a start, more to come later.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
7,288 Posts
Nice looking system. Just a few observations. First, do you have a sub? I don't see one listed. Also, I have a Well Tempered Amadeus GTA table. Your electronics(Anthem and McIntosh) are really top notch. I did notice though that your speakers are not matched. You have Legacy fronts, which I am sure sound great. A Revel center and Polk surrounds. Do you have any plans on making your system all one company like Legacy?

For a long time I was using Polk bookshelf speakers with my JM Labs speakers. Then I went with a set of Focal speakers for my surrounds and I could not believe how much better everything sounded. I am sure it sounds great now but once you match speaker companies, it does make a difference.

I am also wondering if you have room treatments. That also is a big part of getting the most out of your system. My entire sound changed once I put up room treatments. You don't have to go crazy. I recommend GIK audio.

As I said, I am sure the system sounds great. These are just some suggestions that may help it sound even better :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts