AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is still a work in progress as I was just trying to get an idea of how good an image i could get with this little set up. Probably going build a mount of the projector on the ceiling(should be no problem since the thing weighs a pound)

Anyway here is my acer aspire one 10" netbook with my aaxa m2 micro projector. Love both these products by the way =). and YES yes this took 5 min to set up but it does give me some good ideas of what i can do.

1)get a screen

2)get cords going around to get to the projector.

3) make it look clean)

anyway here are some of the pictures! enjoy feel free to make fun or make suggestions im ready for both!

·
Registered
219 Posts
It looks like a VERY scaled down version of my full sized Viewsonic PRO8100.

How large can that little thing display?

Does it only hook up through VGA cable or can you plug any other types in? ( I ask because it would cool little thing for use with my tablet, which outputs HDMI or component video).

·
Registered
380 Posts
This from the manufacturer's website
Quote:
World's Most Powerful Micro Projector!
  • Native XVGA (1024x768) resolution
  • Ultra-bright 110 lumen LED light engine
  • Vibrant Color Technology w/ RGB LEDs
  • 1GB built-in memory + SD-HC & USB readers
  • HDMI, VGA, and Compostie A/V inputs
  • Excellent text clarity and contrast
  • Media Player (MP4, MP3, AVI, JPG, etc)
  • Projects up to a 100" image*

*(In low-light conditions)

·
Registered
146 Posts
110 lumen is not bad for such small projector

I amazed that with no ambient light going into the room, the picture is well saturated. Used to own a Barco 808S which was around 200~300 lumen to fill a 2m30 screen, so on such small screen, 110 lumen should be enough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ub4b
110 lumen is not bad for such small projector

I amazed that with no ambient light going into the room, the picture is well saturated. Used to own a Barco 808S which was around 200~300 lumen to fill a 2m30 screen, so on such small screen, 110 lumen should be enough.
The screen is actually like 60" looks smaller in the picture now that im looking at it again.

I havent tried to hook get a larger image than that since my bedroom isnt big enough to have my projector that far from the wall, and there is a ceiling fan so i cant mount it up there either.

This can hook up to Ipads but u'll need to get an adapter from apple.(or wherever u can find it).

I wanted to get an external portable speaker to go with thing.. I came across the jawbone jambox has anyone had any experience with it?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
that is a very cool projector! i like the setup!

·
Registered
20 Posts
That micro projector is very nice

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Now THATS some on the go entertainment! I like it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts