AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung UE65HU7505 and a Yamaha RX-A3040. They are Connected With HDMI using the ARC output of the TV. ARC is on and working fine. Anynet+ er active on both units. The on/off-function of the AVR Works With the Remote of the TV. So far so good.

The problem is this: After a while With both TV and AVR off the TV turns on the AVR without any input from me. The AVR is set to Audio1, the ARC-input. This never happend With the old non-ARC TV so I Guess the TV is to blame. Auto off is off on both units. This is driving me crazy. Does anybody know what is happening and how I can prevent it from happening? I want to maintain Anynet+ and ARC functions.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
Your problem is more than likely incompatible CEC (which is usually related to ARC because both are HDMI connected). The only 100% reliable workaround for using a single remote is to get a programmable remote such as a Harmony which doesn't require the HDMI connection. Some CEC protocols are optional and it is totally up to the mfr which ones to implement. That results in incompatibilities, and there are no firmware updates to correct it. I've seen this happen on a perfectly working tv after an update to either the tv or the receiver that for some reason affected the CEC protocols or how they are being implemented. I don't know if you can selectively disable CEC and leave ARC functional. I gave up on that a long time ago and used an optical cable from my tv to the avr for use with the internal ATSC tuner (OTA television) and bought a Harmony for single remote control of my entire HTS.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I went to a Harmony. It doesn't need that stupid IR Blaster thing with batteries in it that never wanted to pair with the TV so I could use the remote. Once in awhile the AVR with mysteriously switch from HDMI 1 (STB) to AV 1 (don't use that I think it's the Smarthub apps) and the sound goes off, I use the AVR remote to switch it back. The Harmony is good though.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
Yeah, the Harmony's are pretty cool. Mine works just fine with the tv, blu-ray player, avr, and AppleTV2.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm using a Harmony One as well & when I got my new Sony in Dec had this same issue & had to go into the tv's submenu & turn off that feature. When I listen to digital radio, don't want the tv on & didn't want my tv controlling my avr or bdp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts