AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the FAQ and the troubleshooting guide, I still can't figure out why my two 5040s are not seeing each other over a home wired ethernet network. My router acts as a DHCP server. Both machines have unique IPs. Both are running ver. 110 of the software. Both have recently been hard-rebooted. Except for not seeing each other, they both appear to work normally.

Q. Would giving the 5040s static IPs help any? If so, how do I tell the 5040 to use a static IP?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
What do you mean by "Both have 'recently' been hard-rebooted" ? Hard Reboot Both units and reset your router. This should fix your problem. It always worked for me in the past

Good luck

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Are they plugged into the same router/switch? If you run DVArchive from a computer on the network, does it see both of them?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have two switches on my home lan. It goes router > sw1 > sw2. One 5040 is off of sw1 and the other is off of sw2. Both 5040s were hard rebooted last night. The router has not been rebooted in many weeks.

I run Qvision instead of DVArchive. It can't see *either* of the 5040s at the moment.

Q. How do you assign a static IP to a 5040?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
From the manual:

Setup Menu/

Network and Input Settings

Update the A/V and networking information you provided during the on-screen setup process, or if you later add or remove A/V or

networking equipment.

You can also choose this option to change between use of a phone line and Ethernet connection. (For example, if you purchased

your ReplayTV 5000 and use the telephone line to receive Channel Guide listings and then later add a broadband network to your

home.) Choose Switch Connection from the Setup Summary screen if you switch from modem to Ethernet use.

You also have the option of Auto or Manual Ethernet, static IP is the MANUAL setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.