AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably the cheapest of all the mounts!!

Just buy a microphone table stand (US$10.00 for a made in china one), cut a rectangular piece of wood, 4 screws, some clamps to attach the horizontal tube of the stand to the piece of wood, drill the base and that's all!!.

It gives you both height and front to back control via the clamps that comes with the stand designed to adjust the microphone.Depending of the type of clamp or fastener you use it can also gives the chance to rotate slightly the projector on the horizontal axis in case the screen was not perfectly aligned to the projector.

Picture:
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/image_up...t1502mount.jpg

Saludos,

Santiago

From Colombia, South America

More Pictures available if someone is interested

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it "was" s-video. The picture was taken 3 days ago. As per today, it was replaced by a "home made" break-out cable ( thanks to Mr. Wiggles' great idea).

Saludos,

Santiago

From Colombia, South America

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nice work. Must be nice to have a projector that is less the 4 pounds. I can't wait to get my LT 150 http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif . The things I have planned in my mind. I can't wait!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok, the next question is:

Where can we get these online? I am trying to find a store in Charlotte that would carry something like this, and all I can really think of is MARS. There are some specialty music shops, but they tend to have the specialty prices as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought my stand here in Colombia - South America at a electronic store(kind of el cheapo radio shack latin-style).

I just check yahoo under "microphone stands" and there are plenty of on-line stores that sell these table stands. (Prices ranging from US$20 to US$60).

Remember that you don't want a long boom and that the base must be of the "plate" type, not tripod!!.

Saludos,

Santiago

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Santiago,

great idea!!!!

I'm planning on ceiling mount my LT150 but it seems the

DA-Lite hi power screen is not the best option for this arrangement.

Could you guys tell me which screen are you using?

How much noisier is the PJ ceiling mount?

thank you all,

Jose

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Just did an inexpensive ceiling mount today today for my Plus Piano and then came across this thread.

A 9" x 14" thin aluminum sheet with a slight rolled edge on the sides. Four holes where the feet are to mount the projector to the pan using 3 mm screws. Then a pair of holes for some threaded rod on the front corners and a single threaded rod at the rear. Three acorn nuts for the bottom of the pan, a nut on top and then the upper rod will be mounted to a wooden board screwed to the floor joists (after passing through the suspended ceiling tile). Some accordianed plastic wire cover will hide the threaded rod and nuts and also likely used to cover the DVI and componet cables hooked up to the Piano. Maybe five dollars worth of parts in all and about twenty minutes work. Full leveling adjustment via the threaded rods. Now I need just need some warm weather to prime then paint the pan black. I might even run some rubber beading around the aluminum edges of the pan to match the red of my Plus Piano. As someone mentioned, 4 lbs of dlp projector is pretty easy to hang, not to mention dirt cheap to do! Another thought was to use some Mechano bolted to a pan. Using the curved pieces, it would be easy to add side to side tilt and front to back tilt.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Here is my stand. It cost me about 3 bucks. I used an old speaker ball joint mount and attached a board to it. I then attached the LT150 to that board. Real easy to do and since the mount is a ball joint, I have full tilt, pivot, swivel movement to correctly line the image up. Eventually, I am going to build a hush box for the LT150. That is why the board is so much bigger than the LT150. http://www.jcgamebooks.com/projector.JPG

I can post a better close up picture if someone requests it. BTW, I finally finished the major work of setting up my 10 x 10 bedroom theater. Here are some more pictures that I took. The screen is home made, but very elegant looking. I am very proud of it and the NSP1 speakers are the best speakers you can get for $250.

http://www.jcgamebooks.com/theater.htm

·
Registered
578 Posts
I attached it with 3 screws. On the LT150, right below the lens on the bottom side, is a screw. Just remove that and that will be your first fastening hole. Then, under the rear rubber foot, is another. You will have to pull the rubber foot off though to get to that. Finally, the up and down rear adjustment foot will just unscrew right out. Take that adjustment foot to your local hardware store. Find a bolt that fits the thread on the adjustment foot. Then find matching screws. All the fastening holes use the same thread. Be sure to pick up 3 matching bolts as well, as the fastening holes are not flat and level on the underside of the LT150, you will need the bolts on the top side of the board to act as spaces or fasteners. Once you get it all the parts, the hardest part will be lining up the screw holes. I did this by use a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I laid that on the bottom of the LT150, then carefully marked the screw holes with a pen. Then I laid that piece of paper over the wood board and drilled the holes through the board. I threaded the bolts all the way down the screw, then pushed the screw through the holes and mounted the LT150 flat to the board. I used the bolts to tighten the other side of the board down (top side). I will try and post a picture tonight. So keep your eye out for it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Niggenz wrote:
Quote:
I can post a better close up picture if someone requests it.
Nah,

seeing that picture of you and your roommate bare-chested on the wall is quite enough - which one is you? :D

But seriously,

I've got a vaulted ceiling going up from the 8ft level - I need more vertical adjustment to get it down from the ceiling - a mount with swivel would be great.

I like the idea of the cheap fixture and i'll probably need a hushbox someday too... perhaps its time to involve the retired father-in-law and let him work on a solution.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.