AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My VIZIO E470i-A0 LED has vertical colored lines on left part of the panel. I can't send it back to the USA as I live in the Caribbean because it costs a fortune. I would like to know what part would be  faulty. Thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
It's not under warranty? Does any other input work, HDMI2,3,4 or component?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is under warranty but I live in Curacao in the Caribbean. Sending it back will cost me $450-$500.

All HDMI ports work correctly.

I am trying to find out what could cause the vertical lines so I can order part(s).

Mainboard, T-Con board, power board or panel it self???

Thanks, Jeroen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
15 Posts

This is s common trouble shooting tip and probably not the issue, but i've had a issue with a component cable before.  So if you haven't already try another set of cords just to make sure. 

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpatton71  /t/1500290/my-vizio-e470i-a0-led-has-vertical-colored-lines-on-left-part-of-the-panel#post_23970891

This is s common trouble shooting tip and probably not the issue, but i've had a issue with a component cable before.  So if you haven't already try another set of cords just to make sure. 

I have tried 2 different HDMI cables but the problem stays. I tried it with only the power cable plugged in but then it is just a black panel with the same colored vertical lines.

I also noticed thay the rest of the screen/panel which is working shifts from black to like a gray overlay and back to black constantly. I have no clue but hope someone can tell me what is wrong and which part has to be changed.

·
Registered
15 Posts

My bad when you said in the previous post that HDMI ports worked properly. I thought you meant the issue was with the component input only

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not opened the tv yet as I am still trying to work things out with the seller en freight forwarder regarding the insurance. Vizio has horrible support and not helping me out.

Yesterday I found out the timing control board is actually incorparated in the mainboard so my best guess now it that I have to change the mainboard.

One thing is sure I will never buy a Vizio because of their support.:banghead:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

So I opened up the Vizio led tv to check for partnumbers. No T-con board on this set. So either the mainboard is dying or the lcd panel is dying in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts