AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ONkyo 606 and I done the Audissey setup. But I notice and it irks me somewhat that I have to increase my volume up to the 50's and of course, when the explosions occurs , my wife screams turn it down! At first I thought is was just some cheap DVD but this happened with the dark knight. I am wondering if there is a setting I can change.

And also, I sometimes hear echos and I have to go back to my TV and lower the volume there and go back to my surround sounds.

Any help is appreciated.

· Registered
5,682 Posts
How have you connected? When you are using a receiver and speakers don't use the TV's speakers. If you are using a normal DVD player without HDMI, then use optical/coax to the receiver from the DVD player. If you are using a Bluray player, connect a HDMI cable from the player to the receiver. Make sure you did the audissey and it shows all speakers as functioning correctly. I don't understand the lowering the volume on the TV business!!

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as volume, I called Cruthfield support and he directed me to settings on the receiver, where I can adjust the calibration for each individual speaker , that solved the problem.

I have the Sony BD-350 Blu Ray player connected to the receiver by HDMI and there is the HDMI connected to my Sony XBR4. I use the universal remote Harmony 676, so when i push movie button, my DVD player goes on and my receiver and TV goes on to a different input but the TV is still on and it echoes with my surround speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.