AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am providing my VOOM experince for all to judge for themselves.

I hope to give too much emotion, but rather the facts that I have experienced with VOOM.

I took advantage of the free equupment, free installation, free activation offer in June of 2004.

Despite many people experiencing delays and inexperienced installers, my install went perfect. Great installer, knew the equipment. Fine Job.

I was very impressed with the quality of the picture. I am one of the few that enjoyed the VOOM exclusive channels, not all mind you, but most. I liked the RAVE, and RUSH channels. And I wathced some of the older movie channels.

I also liked, and now miss, ALL the HD movie channels that no other sat provider carries. I am a D* subscriber now and I miss the StarsHD, CinemaxHD, etc. NO I AM NOT SLAMMING D*. Just commenting that I DO miss the quantity of VOOM programming.

Before my first bill I called to add channels. I liked VOOM well enough to add ALL they had to offer. I then was first the first time and the price was sugnificantly higher than quoted. ALSO, I was double billed. My credit card had two charges for the exact amount (over $100). I called to find out what was going on..

Here is what I was told. "You will be pre-authorized twice until we actually bill. Then on your billing date only one will post." They couldnt explain to me why other than "Thats our billing process."

As to the increased price, evidently 3 days after I had joined they raised they rates and by calling and ADDING channels I was changing my package so I was subject to the new billing structure.

Less than one month, and I was not pleased... But I shrugged it off and enjoyed the HD programming.

Well I guess I got continually frustrated by the Billing fiasco, and finally decided to cancel. I canceled on September 26th. Scheduled Uninstall on October 4th.

On October 4th the (un)installer never showed up AND I was billed for the Month of OCTOBER. AND My service no longer worked.

I called to get things straightened out. My uninstall was rescheduled for October 12th. I also asked why I was BILLED for October when I cancelled a week prior and I was no longer receiving service. "Thats our billing practice and policy", was all they said.

I was told I would receive my credit once the equipment was picked by the uninstaller.

October 12th came and the uninstaller didnt show up again. They finally showed up on the 13th, removed my equipment, and I waited to get credited.

I called today (Oct 20th), one week later, to ask when I would receive my credit and I was told 4-6 weeks.

That is my VOOM story. I know some will praise VOOM, and probably slam me. Thats fine. I am not disputing the quality or quantity of the programming. I enjoyed and yes I even miss it sometimes, but I am red in the face and steaming at the business practices or VOOM.

Warren in MN

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Great concept, bad execution. Terribly run customer service, worse than most cable companies.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Thanks for the post. I have suspected I was being "double billed" but didn't check it out in detail as I thought "it must just be me". I plan to do just this (check it out) as I have all the past statements.

As I just posted in the other VOOM thread I am on the fence about VOOM. If they double bill that will cause me to terminate.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MNBugeater
I am providing my VOOM experince for all to judge for themselves.

I hope to give too much emotion, but rather the facts that I have experienced with VOOM.

I took advantage of the free equupment, free installation, free activation offer in June of 2004.

Despite many people experiencing delays and inexperienced installers, my install went perfect. Great installer, knew the equipment. Fine Job.

I was very impressed with the quality of the picture. I am one of the few that enjoyed the VOOM exclusive channels, not all mind you, but most. I liked the RAVE, and RUSH channels. And I wathced some of the older movie channels.

I also liked, and now miss, ALL the HD movie channels that no other sat provider carries. I am a D* subscriber now and I miss the StarsHD, CinemaxHD, etc. NO I AM NOT SLAMMING D*. Just commenting that I DO miss the quantity of VOOM programming.

Before my first bill I called to add channels. I liked VOOM well enough to add ALL they had to offer. I then was first the first time and the price was sugnificantly higher than quoted. ALSO, I was double billed. My credit card had two charges for the exact amount (over $100). I called to find out what was going on..

Here is what I was told. "You will be pre-authorized twice until we actually bill. Then on your billing date only one will post." They couldnt explain to me why other than "Thats our billing process."

As to the increased price, evidently 3 days after I had joined they raised they rates and by calling and ADDING channels I was changing my package so I was subject to the new billing structure.

What was the original price of the service and what was the "raised" price amount?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.