AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have all helped me so much with my year long project but I must once again ask for your assistance yet again. The only problem is this time I can only describe what I want as I don’t know the technical wording for it.

I just recently purchased a PS2 and will be hooking it up the big screen when I am done with the theater (carpet to be installed in 10 days)

The entire theater system will all be hidden under the stairs with the exception of the dvd player that is in a cabinet accessible from the theater side.

I just purchased a 10-foot extension for my PS2 that ends with the L and R rca for sound and an S-Video for video. I wanted to keep the look neat and tidy so I wanted to install a plate with the female S-Video and the left and right rcas on the inside of the cabinet. The opposite side of the cabinet just happens to be where all the components are so that’s really simple but I can not for the life of me find a simple plate like I have mentioned that has female attachments on BOTH sides. Do you see what I am trying to do? Just finish the connections to the receiver on the backside of the cabinet. But I cant find anything that allows me to do it. RCA cables sure. But not the S-Video. I suppose I could do it if I knew the proper wiring diagram for S-Video right?

Anyone?

Thanks as always,

Ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you tried www.partsexpress.com? I've done similar things and found their selection of wall plates to be pretty good. You could use an adapter on one side. Its not clean, but it may work. Check out items: 261-350, 261-355, 180-127, 091-1214, & 091-1212 for several S-video adapters and bulkhead connectors that might fit your need. Call their tech support, its pretty good.

-Brad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.