AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I decided to make a semi-permanent outdoor screen in the woods behind my house - my house sits on over 5 acres in Michigan. We have a clearing that we use recreationally. We constructed a fire pit with large rocks from the creek that runs through our property and arranged railroad ties in a circle around the pit for seating. Last year we purchased an Epson S1+ and showed movies out in the woods using a shower curtain as a screen. I put about $60 into making this semi-permanent screen. I made the frame out of PVC pipes. I bought a white canvas painters cloth from Home Depot. I used bungee cords and rope to stretch the canvas over the frame. The screen is a 9 foot by 12 foot so it is a 4:3 native to match the Epson. I hung Advent Calypso outdoor speakers on the closest trees. I use an old 70's receiver to power them. I have had 4 parties and all of them have been a huge success. Here are some shots of the screen. I'll try to get some pics with a movie showing on the screen in the near future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.