AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my X1 a week ago, really fantastic machine but the lens is already really dusty. Are there any filters or cover I can get that is easily replaceable so I am not trying to clean the actual lense and maybe scratching it or something. I have done this with my PC Monitor trying to clean it and it got scratched, and I do not want it to happen to the projector.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use a 67mm uv filter mounted with a rubberband to protect my lens, someone on this forum suggested to do it so you are only cleaning the uv filter and not the projector lens all the time. You can find them on e-bay for around $10

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Although the X1 is not threaded for attaching optical filters, a 62mm filter is just the right size to fit snugly inside the plastic bezel of the focus ring. A twist of about a 1/4 turn secures it there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by technut Canada
Although the X1 is not threaded for attaching optical filters, a 62mm filter is just the right size to fit snugly inside the plastic bezel of the focus ring. A twist of about a 1/4 turn secures it there.
I went with your suggestion and got a Hoya 62mm lens for $11 on eBay. Thumbs up for the great info! I don't have to worry about the lens cap anymore. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also ordered a 62mm from e-bay, I had a 67mm that I was using with a rubber band to hold it on. Question-does having it inside the lens housing cut down any of the light coming out? and would it be better to use a neutral density or a polarized filter?:confused:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
ScaryCary

I think a UV filter might effect colors very slightly. I haven't tried one, so maybe you would need to adjust, maybe not. Technut? A polarizer or neutral density filter will have a large effect on brightness so you would need to comensate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.