AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My XW-15 HDTV Review

746 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kedelbach 
#1 ·
Well here is my limited Sanyo XW-15 front LCD pj review using HDTV via TWC HDTV digital cable.....

So far here in Memphis, TWC only sends HBO HDTV and ShowTime thru cable, so I can't comment on the big 4 networks. TWC supplied me with a Scientific America HDTV cable box free of charge which I connected via the JVC S555 AV switch box to my XW-15. I found the picture to be a million times better than regular digital cable with clear crisp video and of course 5.1 digital sound via my Denon 3802 receiver. The picture was somewhat better than DVD but I feel that the limitations of the front pj has something to do with the quality of the picture. Overall, I am very pleased with the picture reception and only wish that TWC would pass more channels...I know in the future they will. I'll keep you XW-15 ( and clones) owners up to date as more channels are added.

dre

#2 ·
Great, dre. Congratulations on taking the leap to HDTV! I'm envious. I have been waiting for more HDTV content before I buy a HDTV receiver.

I'm curious. Do you use 720p or 1080i? I've read all of the posts debating which is better. I wonder which display looks the best on an XW15.

Mike

#3 ·
Mike:

I have my XW15 pj set at AUTO. I tried manually setting the pj at 1080 and 720 but could tell NO difference. HBOHD is 1080i so I left at AUTO for now. When we get the local channels on HDTV (They are sending out the signal on our CBS and NBC but TWC is not transmitting on cable yet) I'll see if the AUTO works between the channels at 1080 and the ones at 720.

The thing that drives me crazy are that some of the DVD's are widescreen, HDTV movies on HBO are widescreen, the HBO ON HBOHD shows are 4:3, regular TV is 4:3, and some of my other DVD's are 4:3.........What A Pain In The A**.

dre

#5 ·
hey I missed this thread, happy to see new HD reports with the XW!

keep them coming!

I'll report back on my experiences with the XW in Germany (moving there for a 3 year work assignment). Their TV is higher-res I believe - yes i'm still pretty ignorant of all the different formats... can you blame me?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.