AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is another thread discussing this issue by all means send me a link. My prior receiver was a Pioneer VSX-1021k, which my HTPC saw fine and set it up as teh default device. It died however, and I have replaced it with a Yamaha v675...however now my pc sees the "M551d-A2R-4" TV as the sound device, this somehow limits it to stereo output. On a whim I tried changing the video form pass through to processing even though it was sending 1080p already....and sure enough after that it now allows me to set up 5.1 speakers, however it still lists it as the "M551d-A2R-4" TV and I wonder if it is not still limiting sound it is sending. The TV is my only monitor for this device, so I haven't been able to disconnect the TV and see if it would see the receiver then. What do I need to do to have my PC/Windows 7/nvidia see the Reciever as the playback device instead of the TV?

·
Registered
524 Posts
If there is another thread discussing this issue by all means send me a link. My prior receiver was a Pioneer VSX-1021k, which my HTPC saw fine and set it up as teh default device. It died however, and I have replaced it with a Yamaha v675...however now my pc sees the "M551d-A2R-4" TV as the sound device, this somehow limits it to stereo output. On a whim I tried changing the video form pass through to processing even though it was sending 1080p already....and sure enough after that it now allows me to set up 5.1 speakers, however it still lists it as the "M551d-A2R-4" TV and I wonder if it is not still limiting sound it is sending. The TV is my only monitor for this device, so I haven't been able to disconnect the TV and see if it would see the receiver then. What do I need to do to have my PC/Windows 7/nvidia see the Reciever as the playback device instead of the TV?

Sounds like a HDMI handshake issue (you may need and EDID override). I also had a Yamaha AVR that was doing the same thing, my HTPC only saw the TV and was limited to Dolby Digital, DD+, and DTS. The solution for me was to place a HDMI splitter between the AVR and TV. Like this one from Monoprice.....

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=8204&seq=1&format=2

Hope this helps.......

Toys

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
It's the same as answering "does your TV have speakers you want to pass sound to?" You want to say NO thereby the HTPC will "see" the AVR as the terminal audio device!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts