AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
That was quick - thanks!

Now I get to go back and remove the workaround in my Hipix to MyHd renaming program for streaming from Tape.

Joe

·
Registered
953 Posts
Joe Q,

Are you still going to work on a MyHd to Hipix renaming utility? If so, thanks very much in advance. I find that the color controls in the Hipix application give me better playback results than the MyHD application, so I would like to have an easy conversion option.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Ok. The MyHD telling me that the .ts format is not supported when a simple rename of the file makes it work is very lame. Somebody fix that, quick!

--Rick

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
while i'd welcome a utility to convert .ts files to MyHD format it would be much better if the MyHD software could just play them as is. this seems like a minimal change to the existing software and a great way for MIT to attract current Hipix owners into converting.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson
TS file extension is common and should be very easy to to do.
Does this mean we can get it on the quick to-do list as opposed to the loonngg one. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has both and would like to use them harmoniously.

--Rick

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stjr
Joe Q,

Are you still going to work on a MyHd to Hipix renaming utility? If so, thanks very much in advance. I find that the color controls in the Hipix application give me better playback results than the MyHD application, so I would like to have an easy conversion option.
stjr,

I posted in a thread I started a week or so ago that I HAD this conversion program done and I posted the link to where it could be downloaded.

Alan Gouger and Cliff have both used it.

It converts from Hipix to MyHD format and vice versa.

It also let's one start a streaming restore from tape of a Hipix recording and renames to MYHD format on the fly.

Only those 2 people downloaded the program so I thought there was no interest in it.

Therefore, I took the web site down since it is hosted on my personal ISP and I didn't want to leave it open to hackers.

Joe

·
Registered
953 Posts
Joe Q,

I did not realize that your utility converted file names both ways (Hipix to MyHD and visa-versa). At the time you posted the program, I had not received my MyHD card, so I was not motivated to test your utility. I suspect there are others in the same circumstance. I received the card two days ago and have been setting it up in the evening hours after work.

I believe that I downloaded your utility at the time you posted it, and it is sitting on my hard disk at home. Was there a second posting that I missed? I will check tonight to see if I have the utility and try some conversions. I question whether I actually downloaded your utility now, because you say you know the only two people that downloaded it. I didn't know that my window of opportunity would be so short.

Based upon the comments in this thread, I think there are more than two people that might be interested in migration tools, since some people want direct playback support for Hipix files in the MyHD application.

I'm actually surprised that not many people have expressed an interest in playing MyHD files on the Hipix application, because the color controls on the Hipix make a big difference for me. Thank you for your time and your excellent work.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Joe Q:

I, too, am "Bi-High", (MyHD & HiPix). Until MyHD can play .TS files, I'd like to be able to use your utility.

(I haven't yet purchased the system that will eventually contain the MyHD, so it's presently a nice insurance package more than a need.)

Would you mind emailing your utility (or conveying appropriate instructions) to me, please?

-yogaman

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson
Rick,

Maybe, maybe not, got any money?;)
I don't think money is a problem. How must do we need?

--Rick

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by yogaman
Joe Q:

I, too, am "Bi-High", (MyHD & HiPix). Until MyHD can play .TS files, I'd like to be able to use your utility.

(I haven't yet purchased the system that will eventually contain the MyHD, so it's presently a nice insurance package more than a need.)

Would you mind emailing your utility (or conveying appropriate instructions) to me, please?

-yogaman
yogaman and stjr,

I found an oops in the function that converts from MYHD format to Hipix format.

When I fix that, I will post a link to a site where you can download the program. Give me a day or so.

Here are the options in the program:

MYHD File Migrator Version 1.1

Usage: MYHDMigrator X

X is 1,2,3,4

1 Renames HiPix files to MYHD Format

2 Renames HiPix files as they are being restored from tape

3 Renames MYHD files to Hipix Format TBD

4 Strips time stamp from Titan EPG formatted files for MYHD

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I must have missed the thread where you posted as link to your conversion utility or else I certainly would have downloaded it as well.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Joe,

I just used your HD Migrator program to convert a movie recorded on the Hipix to the MyHD format. The release notes only discussed options 1 and 2. Cool utility. I am now streaming the converted files over a network from my Hipix equipped PC to my MyHD equipped PC flawlessly. Both PC's are running Win 98SE!

I'm looking forward to your updates. Any chance you could put a GUI on the program? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Try this URL for downloading the program:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jequeen1/

Please note that this is still Beta so you may want to try it on a 'disposable' recording.

I think I have tested all combinations but you never know.

I did make extensive changes to both the MYHD --> Hipix and Hipix --> MYHD routines since I found a problem in the lexical ordering.

It now uses the creation date to guarantee that the files are named in the right order.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Read the Release notes in the Zip file.

Joe

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thanks Joe,

I downloaded the program and ran option 3 last night (MyHD to Hipix). It worked perfectly. I hope you can develop the program a bit more with a GUI. I also suggest that you start a new thread for this utility, since it's a bit OT here, and more people will see it in its own thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.