Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought the MDP-120 from DigitalConnection and installed it over the weekend. After tweaking it for about 20 hours straight now, I must say I am less than impressed with it.

I have a Dish-6000 system with the 8VSB OTA adapter, which tunes perfectly to my local digital stations with 50-80% signal strength. However, when fed from the same source, MyHD refuses to tune to these stations at all -- I get 11-25% signal strength and extreme pixellation and drop-outs.

I have tried the drivers from the CD, drivers from DigitalConnection web-site and the UnOfficial drivers ... to no avail.

Has anybody also experienced that they need much stronger signal for MyHD than for other tuners ? Am I missing something or doing something wrong ? My hardware specs are :

P4/2.6Ghz, 512MB RAM, Win2K/SP4

ASUS P4P800 with Intel 865PE

ATI Radeon 9600

I have tried MyHD drivers

1.62.3.11 and

This is important to me because I have the Radioshack Double-bow internal antenna with a UHF amp and I would prefer not having to go for an external antenna ... and I would love to have this setup before the SuperBowl !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am getting weak signals also with MyHD 100, i'm only getting 1-2 HD channels. I'm thinking of getting a signal amplifier (would this help?) or just get an outdoor antenna..

·
Registered
258 Posts
RishM

I'm also not as impressed with the MyHD 120 as I thought I would be, however, it does sound like you have a problem. I find the perfomance of mine to be only as good as or slightly better than my Samsung 151, which I found to be a bit better than the 6000 module. Are you sure you're comparing apples to apples, ie you're not experiencing some strange reception problems. Confirm this by checking with the 6000 module in the same time frame as the MyHD. Also make sure one of you're cable connections hasn't become damaged. This happened to me once, and I thought for sure it was a receiver problem, since the same cable was okay with the 6000 module. It took a while to troubleshoot that one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've got the predecessor to the MDP-120 -- the MDP-100. I also have the same Samsung receiver. The MDP-100 seems more sensitive than the Samsung and performs better overall. The MDP-120 is supposed to be more sensitive than the MDP-100 so maybe you have a card problem or a cable problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only thing that I can compare the mdp-120 to is my old FusionhdtvII. While the mdp-120 reports slightly lower signal strength it does a better job of bringing in the weak stations. 25mi from towers and I get %100 signal for the many channels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.