AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I love my MYHDcard. I made the mistake of shutting off my PC while the application was open and playing a movie.

Upon rebooting the machine and opening the MYHD app it get the error:

"failed to create empty document"

I reinstalled both the app and the drivers from the included MYHD 120 disc and I still get the same error. I can no longer run the app.

Please help. Lost without my HD on a Saturday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cliff that did the trick:)

One more question. I am using a 1.5 terabite server and have about 60 movies loaded on the server. connected to my main PC. When I enter all the movies into the playlist(very time consuming) sometimes the list dissapears and I find I have to keep reloading it. Do you know whats causing this? Do I need to shut off and boot up in a certain sequence and at times can I just boot the main PC to watch the movies stored on its drive and if so is that when Im loosing the list from the server.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Damm, I had the same problem 2 days ago, I only reinstalled the App and all was well, well misery loves company...

Jim

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had this problem maybe 6 months ago, and only uninstalling the app and reinstalling it fixed the problem. When I did that, I lost all my channel settings and reservations.

It happened again a few days ago, when the machine suddenly rebooted when attempting to switch input modes. This time I backed up the MyHD key in the registry. I uninstalled/reinstalled the application and imported the registry key, and all my settings and reservations were intact. Quick and painless.

Perhaps in a future revision MyHD could provide the option to backup/restore you configuration and reservations, not just your playback list.

Don

·
Registered
122 Posts
Newbe here. I'm having a problem with adding digital channels to the channel list. I can manually tune the channels and receive them with no problem, but when I try to add them to the channel list or do an automatic scan they wont take. Solutions anyone?

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Don, could you post where the key is in the registry? I would like to back it up.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ridennis: If you are referring to Adding a channel to Favorites... There are two steps, (1) manual tuning or autoscan to locate the channel and (2) adding it to the Favorites list.

·
Registered
271 Posts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\MyHD

Quote:
Originally posted by vfrjim
Don, could you post where the key is in the registry? I would like to back it up.

Thanks,

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.