AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the AccessDTV and failed miserably so am thinking of trying this product. From what ive read on AVS it looks like a nice product. I have 3 questions.

1: Where is the home website for this product?

2: It does have a Guide to choose channels with using the software panel? Which service does it use?

3: I have the Revolution 7.1 which we allready bought from you. From what I read the MyHD120 card uses a special internal audio connector to connect the two cards together? I don't beleive the Revolution has an inputer connect on its circut board. Maybe Im wrong how the whole "using the Revolution's SPIDF output for watching HDTV on the MyHD120 card" works. Could you explain please?

Thank you for your help. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well, for #3, you can just output SPDIF-coax directly from the MyHD card. I do that just fine. I'm not *positive* the MyHD SPDIF will carry PC sound across the PCI bus and output it via the MyHD, but for watching live and recorded HD, it's fine...

Rgds,

JohnW

·
Registered
271 Posts
#1 The MIT website is in Korea. Not sure of the URL. You can find specs and info HERE

#2 You can schedule recordings using TitanTV.com

#3 On the MyHD you would select WAVE output and it will send the sound over the PCI bus to the Revo, no cable required. I then put the Revo in DIGITAL mode and send the signal to my receiver via the Revo's S/PDIF...

AFAIK the S/PDIF on the MyHD card will not pass PC sounds, it's for MyHD audio only...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply. I accually wrote this post right before I realized I was looking at the older MyHD 100 model that didnt have SPID output lol

I'm buying the MyHD 120 newer card with SPDIF out.

About Titan TV. Is this intergrated in the MyHD menu? Buttons and all?

I will go to that website and see if there is any more information on this card. Thank you for the help :)

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stylinlp
Thank you for the reply. I accually wrote this post right before I realized I was looking at the older MyHD 100 model that didnt have SPID output lol

I have the MyHD 100 and it also has SPDIF - but a word of caution; I recently removed by Revo 7.1 card and replaced it with a Maddog hi-res 7.1 sound card because it had optical SPDIF out whereas the REVO has coax. My receiver only has one coax in; but 3 opticals. I needed the coax for the MyHD card. This can be necessary because you can get lip sync problems (analog cable stations) when using wave over pci to the REVO from the MyHD. Another solution as you discussed above is to use the cable connection between the MyHD and the REVO; in this case you just need to fabricate a stereo connection and use the line in on the REVO from the cable out on the MyHD, For me it was just as easy to buy a replacement for my REVO for $30 (Maddog was on sale). Another solution would be to get a coax to optical spdif converter or an spdif switcher. Or maybe you happen to have two coax in on your receiver

·
Registered
271 Posts
As RalphArch noted, the MDP-100 has S/PDIF output. Perhaps you are thinking about DVI, which is new to the 120 version...

Quote:
Originally posted by stylinlp

About Titan TV. Is this intergrated in the MyHD menu? Buttons and all?

I will go to that website and see if there is any more information on this card. Thank you for the help :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.