AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've had the MyHD card for about 2 months or so and haven't had any problems out of it and have been very impressed with it. BUT, I also use it for analog captures (DirecTV s-video) and use to not have problems capturing in 640x480. After upgrading the software to the newest version, I was experiencing dropped frames, which caused the audio to get out of sync pretty bad. I uninstalled the software and re-verted back to the version I didn't have problems with (can't remember which version, not at home right now). But now I still have the drop outs. I haven't added anything to my pc since the MyHD card and I defrag my HDDs weekly. I am currently using the DivxPRro 5.0 codec and pcm audio. Anyone have a clue as to why my P4 2.4Gz can't keep up? Should I be using a different codec? Also, exactly what resolution is being outputted from my DirecTV receiver via s-video? Any help would be appreciated. (Also, I do understand that the MyHD card is not intended for analog capture, but I had it working in the past, so now it is just bugging me). Thanks in advance.

Dell 4500 P4 2.4Gz

512 MB Ram

40 GB HDD

80 GB HDD

Geforce4 MX420

Also, I am only outputting this to an analog tv, so maybe it is a little overkill on capturing at 640x480, but my pc should be able to handle it, I think.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a different problem. I've had a MyHD for about 2 weeks, but the analog capture doens't capture any audio. It's set to PCM encoding.. I dunno what I'm doing wrong.

WMP movie properties shows that its missing an audio channel. Like it never encoded it.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
for NTSC (Not HD) capture, the audio must be sent to the sound card, either by WAVE or Cable. This is one of the reasons that I do not capture NTSC with the MyHD card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.