AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with someone at Cinefix yesterday about purchasing a MyHD card, and he said MyHD was designed with Pentium III in mind. Since I have an Athalon 2400, he said the MyHD might not work properly with it. His company will not accept return on that basis, so suggested I ask other uses about their experiences. So here I am. Is anyone using the MyHD card with an AMD processor, and if so, how's it going?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm using the MyHD card with an AMD cpu and it works fine on one of my machines. However on my other computer (also with an AMD cpu) the driver will not load. Each of my motherboards uses a different chipset. It appears that the motherboard chipset can affect MyHD just as much as the actual cpu. So I'd be careful what motherboard I had. There is a thread somewhere at this webboard (from a few months ago) in which people posted what machine configuration (cpu, motherboard, etc) they have used successfully with MyHD. Do a search for that and it'll give you a clue as to what machine configuration will work with MyHD.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have had my MyHD in my AMD home built computer (XP 1600+ and Epox MB) and it works, not perfectly, but most of the time. I have had some crashes in XP with Myhd.exe but hope it is the beta driver and software. I am going to install the new ones that came out today and hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just got MyHD card and it is working fine in my AMD XP 2000 with Dragon Plus MB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.