AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere, but it is my understanding that we should confirm that a bug exists, via separate thread before posting in the MyHD threads.

I received my MyHD a few days ago, and I'm still learning my way around it, but thus far, I haven't been able to get it to work with VirtualDub 1.4.10 or D*Scaler 3.1 in Win98SE. VirtualDub insists it is already in use by another program, even if I shut down all nonessential processes. D*scaler does not see it at all (it is the only video capture card on that system at present) It does work quite well with the bundled application, however.

I am using the 1.5.4 version application (dated 5/22/02) and the Drivers dated 5/15/02. My card was in the latest batch, and the versions on the CD seem to be the same as the downloads.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Not sure if this is a bug, more a problem with MyHD.

As I understand it, VirtualDub requires VFW drivers to capture and MyHD does not have these.

As for DScaler, it only works with BT chipset cards. Not sure anyone even tried this because it isn't supposed to work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D'oh!

I feel quite the fool. I knew both of these facts, but somehow failed to make the connection last night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.