AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the card on winxp, when the software loads it say I have old drivers please update them. I went to digitalconnection's site, downloaded the drivers there and got the same message. I then went to www.dtvsolution.com and could not find the drivers on there site. Please help.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi DarthJedi:

___You need to download the later MyHD 1.54 drivers from Digital Connection. When you install them, it will tell you that you are replacing the driver with older files but just trust me ;) The version number after it is all said and done will be the later 1.54’s vs. the 1.50’s on the CD that and you will be in business shortly thereafter. You may have to download the application update depending on your MyHD disc version.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
DarthJedi,

Don't let WinXP auto install the drivers. If you do Windows will install the 1.50 version off the driver update website.

After whatever driver gets installed go to Device Manager and select update driver. Also select install from a list and then point to the drivers you downloaded from DC.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the card to work but now it says that the server can not start, now what could the problem be? I tried to record PBS and it would only record the sd channel. I hit the record button while I was on the HD channel. It looks like I am going to give up on this card and get me a HiPix card. Oh did I mention that the card fails to pick up channel that my Directv HD Panasonic picks up. If you guys can not help me I am giving this card a rating of "IT SUCKS".

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me on an XP install last night. However I did not have a chance to follow Cliff's instructions:

Quote:
Don't let WinXP auto install the drivers. If you do Windows will install the 1.50 version off the driver update website.
I had no choice on this. When I first booted I never got a "found new hardware prompt." Instead the old MDP100 driver was already loaded.

Quote:
After whatever driver gets installed go to Device Manager and select update driver. Also select install from a list and then point to the drivers you downloaded from DC.
When I tried this, the update driver program said "unable to find a more recent version of the driver than you already have" or words to that effect. I think the version stamp on the newer driver from DC is incorrect.

The only way I was able to get this to work was to physically copy the mdp100x*.sys file that I got from the DC download into the \\windows\\system32\\drivers folder, overwriting the original one, and then rebooting. After that it seems to be working fine. When I left for the night, it was recording "The Agency" for me....

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
â€When I tried this, the update driver program said "unable to find a more recent version of the driver than you already have" or words to that effect. I think the version stamp on the newer driver from DC is incorrect.â€

Jim,

The version stamp on the new driver is correct. The manual method has always worked for me and the “unable to find a more recent version†sounds like WinXP is still searching for the driver instead of allowing a forced install.

â€The only way I was able to get this to work was to physically copy the mdp100x*.sys file that I got from the DC download into the \\windows\\system32\\drivers folder, overwriting the original one, and then rebooting. After that it seems to be working fine. When I left for the night, it was recording "The Agency" for me....â€

That will work equally well.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One problem I am having, lets make that three problems I am having.

1. Mydh card cannot tune channels that my DirecTV Panasonic can. (the ones that do come in some times has pixalation like it was getting a low signal).

2. On the second ant. input I run my cable feed (ant. one is over the air) and it picks up zero digital signals where my Panasonic finds them just fine. My cable company (Time Warner uses HRC ) The options on the card does not give me a choice of HRC or IRC so which one does it use?

3. My fabulous looking HD remote does not work and I do not see any options to check the status of the IR device.

Please read my problems completely because that last time someone replied they did not read my problems completely and got answers that did not help me.

Thank you in advance for the help.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Jim,

I know the problem you are having. When you try to update the driver, you have to select the last option for updating, not the option that says you want to tell it where to search. Then point it directly to the correct driver location. That option you are using still searches for all the drivers it can find whereas the last option only looks where you tell it. Sorry I can't describe this better but I'm not on a machine that lets me try that to tell you the exact name of the last option.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I had similar driver installation woes in XP. Win98 installed fine. I can't stand the way XP will load a new driver completely behind your back and never give an options dialog. I couldn't get the "Update driver" to take until I deleted the existing driver out of the system32 folder.

Gary

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think we are off track. I listed three problems, can I get some help?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thanks Endymion. Perhaps that's it. I did use the "search" feature, but pointed it to the download location. It would not accept the file that it found in that location as being a newer version.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DarthJedi
I tried to record PBS and it would only record the sd channel. I hit the record button while I was on the HD channel. It looks like I am going to give up on this card and get me a HiPix card. Oh did I mention that the card fails to pick up channel that my Directv HD Panasonic picks up. If you guys can not help me I am giving this card a rating of "IT SUCKS".
The card captures the whole transport stream. When you playback the file you need to hit the substream button. The file playback defaults to stream 1 and the HD channel is stream 2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.