AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have my HT room almost complete to the point where I put my 8000 on the ceiling and am trying to set it up. I plan on feeding it with the MyHD VGA HD15->5BNC for all my viewing (DVD Rips+ OTA HD).

I have KBK's older, but heavily modified 8000, which he used to run at [email protected] via powerstrip.

Before I go crazy getting it optically aligned and converged to the MyHD default output, what is the best settings for the MyHD for CRT?

Resolution (1920x1080i, 1280x720p, 1024x768p, 1360x768p, 1280x1024p, etc.) ?

Screen ratio (16:9 or 4:3)?

Screen format (letter box, zoom, or full)?

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I can't answer for MyHD but with the HiPix and NEC XG I use 1920x1080i, 16:9 screen ratio and letterbox format. The results are nothing less than jaw dropping. It makes a DVD look very soft.

Mike

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead and converged on a 4:3 "full" output, and set my projector to squeeze the image to 16:9. I read in other posts about this method, but still trying to get my brain around it.

A saved thread on raster and image.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ghlight=raster

Another thread on squeeze technique.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0&pagenumber=1

It would be nice to get some more feedback on best resolution and output mode from some more folks like yourself (that have already put the effort into such tweaks). Ultimately my own testing will tell me what looks best, but a head start from fellow HD card HTPC'ers with CRT is nice! :)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Jack,

I gave you some bad information. :( I do use "Full" mode then I squeeze the image to fit a 16:9 screen. I have 2 HiPixs, one is on my development machine the other in the HTPC in the theater. The development machine is running on a 4:3 computer monitor and I think I got them confused. Sorry about the bad information.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.