AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched from HiPix to MyHD. I bought 2 of them from Digital Connection (1 for my main HTPC and another for a server on my network). So far I'm pretty happy with it. The user interface is a bit cleaner, install was a lot easier and the card is smaller and not as hot.

I'm having one problem though. Scheduled recordings don't work if DScaler is running. If it's not running, it launches itself and starts recording. If DScaler is running, then it launches itself, but doesn't change to the right channel and doesn't start recording. This probably isn't a problem long term because I plan on getting a 3rd card for another machine on my network and do all recording on those two machines instead of the HTPC. However, right now it's really irritating because I can't trust my recordings to start.

I'm running XP Pro with all patches applied, MyHD 1.60, DScaler 4.16, Flyvideo 2000, Delta DiO 2496 (i'm using the MyHD output for HD sound though), Pentium 2.53Ghz, GeForce TI4400, 1G of RAM.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Ok, you just blew my mind.

I have Dscaler, but haven't done much with it. So I am a newbie with Dscaler.

I also have MyHD. How do you use MyHD with Dsacler? I didn't think it was supported.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the confusion. I'm not using DScaler to do anything with MyHD. It just so happens that I will sometimes be watching something on my TiVo (so DScaler is running) and then MyHD is supposed to start recording something in the background. This always worked fine with HiPix, but it doesn't work at all with MyHD. MyHD works fine as long as DScaler isn't running when it launches itself to start a recording.

Tim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOOOOO. Think of it like having Excel and Word running on your computer at the same time. Just because they're both running doesn't mean they're working together. I often have DScaler running so that I can watch TiVo with it, but in the mean time, I want MyHD to start up and record something. DScaler is handling my S-Video input and has nothing to do with MyHD except for the fact that MyHD won't start an automatic recording if DScaler is running for some reason.

Tim

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Tellis - Out of curiousity, how are you capturing the TiVO?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure I understand the question, but i'll take a shot and if I'm wrong just ask me again... =)

The TiVo (Sat-T60 with 120 hours) connects via S-Video to a Flyvideo 2000 in my HTPC. I used to be pretty disappointed with it when I had an Osprey 100 instead and I had planned to get rid of the TiVo, but the Flyvideo2000 has given new life to standard definition TV for me.

Tim

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Yes, I was wondering what board you used to capture TiVO.

I assume Flyvideo is now supported with Dscaler. It wasn't on their list.

This thread inspired me to run out to CompUSA and buy a WinTV card (on sale, $39.95). So I have spent the last few hours getting to know Dscaler a bit better.

I LOVE the auto-calibration. Makes it so much easier. And with a little adaptive scaling, temp. combing and noise filtering, thinks look a lot better. The non-linear stretch is also better than anything else I had.

So, well worth it. SD looks better. Not a lot better, but better. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, it's supported but you have to use the 4.16 alpha version of DScaler. I haven't had any problems with DScaler though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.