AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy this card, but I still have some doubts regarding dual display.

MY PC is a Athlon XP 2.1+, 512 Ram with a GeForce 4 Ti4400. And I have a JVC 48WP30. So I will be using the Dual monitor Configuration shown on the manual.

I want this card to watch HDTV on my set and occasionally record HD and SD (through Time Warner Cable).

However, it's very important that I can do all this while using my PC! I don't want to limit my PC usage while using this card.

So, my question is:

If my wife is watching/recording/playing HD on my tv, can I still use my PC normally? Is there anything I can't do on my PC while using this card? Am I going to lose too much performance?

It's worth to note, that I'll be using the PC mainly to surf the web, but I would like even to play some computer games while she's watching on the living room. Is that possible?

I apologize if this was written in some other place, but I already read 3876368 threads about this card and the manual as well, and I couldn't find answer to these basic questions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"If my wife is watching/recording/playing HD on my tv, can I still use my PC normally? Is there anything I can't do on my PC while using this card? Am I going to lose too much performance?"

The only thing you can't do is reboot the PC.

I've been able to send HDTV to a TV and play full screen DVDs on a single HTPC with S/PDIF output from both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.