AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Add a Stretch Mode to the Aspect control to allow 4:3 digital programs to fill the screen on 16:9 TV's

2) Under "Capture Setup", "Add" - Make the Default be Transport Stream Capture.

3) Add more Keyboard Hot-Keys for the commonly used controls that are only accessable via a Mouse or the Remote. EG. FF and RW

Allows for Girder control of the App.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
(Copied from other thread)

After using my card for a few days, here are my feature requests. They are ranked by priority:

- Ability to record an OTA program, while viewing a saved program or a DVD vob file.

- Ability to pause live video. (related to the first one, essentially my request is to seperate the view & record functions.)

- All configuration and scheduling options available via HD OSD.

- Ability to move ahead to any point in a recording or VOB (jump to specific time, or a 'slider' to move ahead)

- Ability to set bookmarks in VOB or saved files.

- Scanning Fast Forward (currently FF appears to jump 30 second intervals).

- Expose an API to the scheduler. This would allow for integrating the scheduler into other apps. (My home network is connected via DSL, so I have remote access to my home computers. I would like to be able to hook into the scheduler via a WWW server on the MyHD machine & shedule recodings. An exposed API would enable this.)

- In Favorite Channel mode, I would like to set the sub-channel to display. My PBS station does an HD demo loop on 30-1, and the actual programming on 30-2. I would rather see 30-2 when I scan through the channels.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by tji
(Copied from other thread)

After using my card for a few days, here are my feature requests. They are ranked by priority:

- Ability to record an OTA program, while viewing a saved program or a DVD vob file.

- Ability to pause live video. (related to the first one, essentially my request is to seperate the view & record functions.)
Can't be done with this card's HW design.

I am sure Cliff will correct me if I am wrong:)

A) You can Record one thing while watching another saved program OR

(B) You can Pause the Video from one machine if the other is recording it.

This does require 2 cards to do. B requires them connected via a network and sharing a drive.

I have 2 cards just for this purpose.

Joe

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Q

Can't be done with this card's HW design.

I am sure Cliff will correct me if I am wrong:)
Really? Where did you get this info? I searched for detailed spec's on the card, but could not find anything.

From what I have read here, I believe the AccessDTV is based on the same "Janus" reference design, and it can pause live TV. So, it's not clear to me if this is a hardware or software limitation.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
â€Really? Where did you get this info? I searched for detailed spec's on the card, but could not find anything.â€

Joe Q. has owned most of the cards on the market. If he says it can’t do it, believe him.

â€From what I have read here, I believe the AccessDTV is based on the same "Janus" reference design, and it can pause live TV. So, it's not clear to me if this is a hardware or software limitation.â€

Neither card (ADTV or MyHD) is a Janus reference design. The accessDTV card has an extra PCI bus controller that allows it to pause live TV and uses two IRQs as a result, whereas the MyHD card have been stripped of all unnecessary hardware and redesigned to optimize the performance with only one PCI bus controller. Because the MDP-100 uses only one bus controller it can’t pause live TV.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have a hardware request:

Dongle, with 6 foot VGA out cable.

So the MyHD-card can be connected directly to the TV or monitor.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Teeps
I have a hardware request:

Dongle, with 6 foot VGA out cable.

So the MyHD-card can be connected directly to the TV or monitor.
You confused me on this one:)

I assume you meant S-VGA (15 pin)?

It has a dongle that you use to connect a SVGA cable to.

I have a high quality SVGA cable that I got from DC and it is connected to the dongle and goes directly to my HDTV.

So the MYHD card can be directly connected to a TV.

Am I misunderstanding something in your post?

Joe

·
Registered
129 Posts
What would be really nice would be picture memories for each channel. Analog TV is much brighter than Digital stations and the sound is much louder on analog stations. Requires a lot of control adjusting when changing channels.

Color and tint controls would definately help with the uneven broadcaster's idea of proper color. My Barco d800 has no color adjustments for the rgbhv input.

I am liking the card, HD is great!

Bill

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"What would be really nice would be picture memories for each channel."

Agreed

"Analog TV is much brighter than Digital stations and the sound is much louder on analog stations."

That is because NTSC has the black level set at 7.5 IRE and DTV is set at 0 IRE. The controls above would help fix that.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Joe Q,

You are right, I was not clear; but yes. I would like to connect the MyHD card directly the the monitor, via 15p vga or preferrably RGBHV (rca terminations would be nice) connections.

Bottom line, I want to eliminate as many "connections" as possible.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Feature requests...

- Yes, please get rid of the blinking record indicator. Fancy OSD graphics are really not neccessary and in fact make it harder to read. Simple text would be fine.

- When the preview window is turned off, could you close out the window instead of leaving the banner displayed.

- A functional pause button while recording would be nice.

Also, judging from the preview window, I'm getting a tremendous amount of overscan on my Mits 55" RPTV. It's possible it's my TV and I just never noticed it so I'm going to do comparisons with the HiPix and a Unity Motion receiver which has a built in test pattern generator.

Gary

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
A little off OT but today is my first attempt at timer recording. Do not have my projector on but looked for the recorded file on my network and it is not there. Does the MyHD program have to be left open on the Windows desktop in order to do a timer record?

My MyHD feature requests were at the top of the first post so I will repost a couple of them:

Audio decoding with output through the Delta 410.

FF and REW that let you see where you are and have user predefined skip intervals

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
A few more things that would be nice:

- Channel strength indicator on HD OSD.

- More granular channel strength indication. It's hard to get a good idea of the signal strength from the bar graph.

- Channel strength with a channel scan. To show the stregth of all digital channels (or at least all in my favorites list). This would be a great help for antenna positioning.

- Ability to extract content from transport streams. for example, save only the audio/video from channel 9-2. With the corresponding ability to play the extracted subchannel back through the HD output (unlike the save to avi option). It's a shame to take ~ 9GB/hr to store crappy NTSC video. Doing this is real time would be great, but even a post-processing tool would be nice.

- Re-use of the Volume buttons on the remote. I use the SPDIF audio, so the volume buttons don't do anything for me. It would be nice to re-assign them to a useful function - fast forward, jump to next file in series, etc.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
1. Keyboard commands for Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, and R,G.B., and Gamma if possible.

2. Auto adjust for the above like dscaler to optimize card with display.

2. Antenna scan of all channels like Hipix 3.00 for antenna tuning (could be set for ANT1, ANT2, or both)

3. Audio for ntsc tv stations via spidf output.

Thanks!

Joel

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jmschnur
How do I do that? when I enable wav I get some suttering.

Joel
Joel,

I have the Audio Output set to S/PDIF and the Output Mode set to S/PDIF.

This gives me AC-3 from digital stations, digital PCM from NTSC tuner, and Digital PCM from the analog audio inputs.

Make sure that your receiver has the S/PDIF input set to auto switch between AC-3 and PCM.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Another useful feature would be "auto resolution" - show the HDTV channel in its native resolution, without changes, for use with compatible projectors and displays. This would show the best picture possible. If custom picture controls can be set for each channel, then make the resolution selection just another picture control.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Not really a feature but:

How about some scope settings for contrast, brightness, R, G, B, etc from Cliff for this card? (As similiar as possible to what we have for the Hipix)

--Rick

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ricka
Not really a feature but:

How about some scope settings for contrast, brightness, R, G, B, etc from Cliff for this card? (As similiar as possible to what we have for the Hipix)

--Rick
Rick,

I've ask for some changes in the color controls before I derive the scope settings.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.