AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to edit out all the commercials from recorded Hi-Def?

I recorded Atlantis in 5.1 on Sunday and the picture quality is stunning (except when the signal looks like it has interference) and would like to delete the commercials.

·
Registered
21 Posts
avisynth is my favorite editing tool. But that's probably more than you need. A good mpeg2 editor is bbmpeg. Tmpegenc would also work I suppose. either would require some conversion. Any editing tool would require you to at least remux the source transport stream to get it into a more recognizable format. I don't know of anything that natively supports .tp transport stream files. For remuxing, use Xmuxer. For info and tools for editing video, check www.vcdhelp.com

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Version 0.10 is broken for converting to MPEG. For that you need version 0.09.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I use HDTV2MPEG 1.10 to edit out the commercials and save the HDTV program as transport files.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I downloaded HDTV2MPEG 1.10 and will give it a try.

After editing can it still be played back using the MyHD card?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes. I used it to edit commercials out of the Grammy Awards and the Oscars before I burned them to DVD+R, and they play back just fine.

Don

Quote:
Originally posted by HTspec
Thanks for all the feedback. I downloaded HDTV2MPEG 1.10 and will give it a try.

After editing can it still be played back using the MyHD card?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Any way to remove subchannels (ie standard def program) that's also embedded along with the HD subchannel in a transport file?

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Short answer is No. You could extract the MPEG stream for the subchannel and then re-Encode the TS, but that is EXPENSIVE! If all you want is TS then leave it alone.

Edit. Almost forgot, there is a utility ErasePIDS (EPIDS) that doesn't really delete the PIDS, just marks them as bad. You could use it if only want to watch a sub-channel. It will not change the size of the file though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.