AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any experience with this new card listed on the Digital Connection web site. It's based on the same chipset as the hipix card and says it can do time shifting. Any insights?:confused:

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
if it's the same price as all the others, what's the point???

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Clark
if it's the same price as all the others, what's the point???
It $100 cheaper than other cards due to the power buy listed in their website and they actually have them in stock ie. not backordered.

"After the first 50 cards are pre-ordered, everyone gets an immediate price reduction at a low low price of $299"

I just ordered one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Q

It $100 cheaper than other cards due to the power buy listed in their website and they actually have them in stock ie. not backordered.

"After the first 50 cards are pre-ordered, everyone gets an immediate price reduction at a low low price of $299"

I just ordered one.
I'm not sure on the "in stock" part. The way I read it, they'll be getting them after the 20th when the Power Buy is over -- the "pre-order" part is the key.

I was leaning towards the Hipix because of all the great support (the AVS member developed software is a *BIG* draw). But the recent difficulties with Hipix availability along with the lower price and good feature set of the MyHD card swayed me. I just ordered one myself.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
It seems like Telemann is dropping the ball here.

The AVSteam had been increasing interest in their

product but now Telemann seems to be letting everyone down

by not providing product in a timely fashion.

I guess Digital Connection was forced to find an

alternative. The timing of the arrival of the MyHD

card was pretty good for DC as the iTech accessDTV cards

had issues of their own and Digital Connection was

ready to offer something new.

From what I hear the MyHD card differs somewhat in

the following:

+ Support for WinXP transfer of HDTV to IEEE devices (D-VHS)

+ Better I/R remote

+ Better price

+ DVD playback through the card?

+ Software MPEG2 encoding of Analog signals?

- Poor timeshifting / program guide capability

- AVSteam doesn't have the app source code ;^(

·
Registered
148 Posts
I called Digital Connection this afternoon and was told that they don't have the card yet, that's why they are doing the powerbuy so they know approximately how many to order. I'm also one of the frustrated folks that have the Hipix card ordered more than a month ago. The dates just keeps on getting pushed back, website says tomorrow but when I spoke to Digital connection it won't be in until sometime next week "hopefully" something it being held at customs. :(

-Jeff

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
â€It seems like Telemann is dropping the ball here.â€

No kidding!

â€+ Support for WinXP transfer of HDTV to IEEE devices (D-VHS)â€

And playback from D-VHS.

â€+ Better I/R remoteâ€

It is an excellent remote control. I really like it enough to program my Pronto from it.

â€+ Better priceâ€

The powerbuy has a killer price tag.

â€+ DVD playback through the card?â€

Only non-CSS DVDs at the moment. MIT plans to add full support for DVD playback in later software release.

â€+ Software MPEG2 encoding of Analog signals?â€

Sorry, no MPEG2 encoding for now. The analog PVR records in SIF AVI format.

â€- Poor timeshifting / program guide capabilityâ€

What do you mean by poor timeshifting? MIT is in talks with TitanTV to add that guide service.

Another plus for the MyHD card is the dual tuner, dual function tuner used on this card. A single input can tune both analog and digital stations making it possible to use two antennae in different directions or to receive both analog/digital on one input and cable (including “in the clear†digital 8VSB) on the other.

Yet another plus is the overlay window can be turned off making it possible to record HDTV while watching DVD in the overlay.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
â€I called Digital Connection this afternoon and was told that they don't have the card yet, that's why they are doing the powerbuy so they know approximately how many to order.â€

Let’s be perfectly clear about this. An initial order has been placed and the powerbuy will determine how many additional cards must be ordered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.