AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and new to HTPC's. I just built my first HTPC and am having a few bugs that I'll try to work out over time but I do have one issue now that I am hoping to get some help with. When using my MyHD MCP-130 to either record or play back a file every 15 minutes, I'm guessing when the files change to new ones, My display switches from full screen to a window. Rather annoying. I've searched this forum already looking for a similar problem but didn't see anything about it.

My system consists of:

Case: Silverstone Lascala LC-13

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+

Motherboard: Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe

Memory: 2 GB, CORSAIR ValueSelect DDR 400 (PC 3200) 2x1GB

Hard Drive: 4x Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB SATA, 1 plus 3x RAID 5

DVD: Samsung SH-S182D

Graphics: SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCIE x16

Tuner 1: MyHD MDP-130

Tuner 2: ATI TV WONDER 650

TV: Phillips 42pf995637

Receiver: Sony STR-DE1075

DVD: Sony RDR-GX7

Speakers: 5x Ascend Acoustics CBM-170

Sub Woofer: Hsu VTF-2 Mk 3

Thanks for any help....

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You didn't give enough details about the playback problem for anyone to help you. I have to assume that you're not using the MyHD for play back, so this is probably a MCE problem or whatever software you're using for playback. What is the capture file size limit in the MyHD control panel? If that setting is causing the 15 minute files, then why not just bump it up to 20GB or even larger so that you only have one big file?

- Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am/was using the MyHD software for playback. The file size was set for 2GB which is the largest default size in the MyHD app. I changed it to a custom size of 130GB, enough to record a 4 hour HD ball game or NASCAR race. Just finished recording 3 hours of PBS in HD and am playing that back now. Seems to have taken care of my problem.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.