AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a JVC 30K and want to archive OTA recordings in HD. My PJ does not have a DVI input, but a future purchase will. I also want to archive analog 8mm tapes from a camcorder and create DVD's from the camcorder tapes.

Does the MDP-120 have the firewire output built in or does it still require an extra card?

Aside from the DVI capability, is there any reason to outlay the extra $$ for the MDP-120?

My PJ is XGA resolution, should I get Powerstrip to handle the resolution output of the MyHD card?

Thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Neither has onboard firewire. The mdp-120 has DVI and a better tuner (can pull in stations with more interference/ghosting/distance). How much better is a good question, one I don't know.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have great reception where I am with my Dish 6000. I just wonder if it's worth the extra $90 or not?

·
Banned
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Marissadad
My PJ is XGA resolution, should I get Powerstrip to handle the resolution output of the MyHD card?

Thanks.
The MyHD is designed to output HDTV compliant resolution. So as long as your projector can handle HDTV resolution, you don't need to mess with resolution issues.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
To expound on what simmike said -- when you go to full screen mode with MyHD, it completely takes over the VGA/DVI port, and outputs its own picture. So Powerstrip can't do anything. MyHD has a number of preset resolutions that you can choose from.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I would go with the MDP-120 just in case. I purchased the MDP-100 back in February, but now wish I would have waited the extra month and a half and gotten the 120 due to the better tuner and DVI. IMO the extra $90 is well worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.