AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to re-install my OS and MyHD after I disabled ACPI on my motherboard (trying to fix DVD stutter issues). On the previous install, I recall being able to setup MyHD to wake up from hibernation for recording and go into hibernation between reservations and after the last reservation. Now, I can't see these settings at all; and yes, I have enabled Hibernation under Control Panel->Power Settings. I am running the version that came with my card, which I am assuming is 1.55.

What's going on? Does MyHD need ACPI enabled for this feature? Will version 1.60 help?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Yes, ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) needs to be enabled (bios) for the OS to talk to the hardware that controls Hibernation/Suspend.
Thanks. So it looks like I'll be re-installing Windows again with ACPI enabled this time since disabling it didn't cure my DVD stutter problem anyway.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Did you try sharing your DVD drive and then using the mapped drive? When you share the drive NT will cache it for performance. This what I do when playing back HD transport streams I have saved to DVD. My DVD drive is too fast and that is what was causing the stuttering problem.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, actually I bought myself a Pioneer (either 106s or 120s; can't tell because neither the box nor the paperwork says) slotted DVD drive, and playback is flawless. So I will now re-enable ACPI and either repair or re-install XP and see what I get. My guess? It will work flawlessly. That's what I get for trying to save a few bucks on a DVD-ROM drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.