AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a MyHD 130 that I put on an older Dell PIII box with an AGP-AIW Radeon video card running XP-Pro, SP2. Everything except the MyHD tuner seems to be working: the MyHD plays DVDs just fine, and the OSD shows up fine.

The OTA signal strength is always 0%, even when I feed my VCR output into it. I am always getting "no signal" for all channels, both Analog and DTV. The AIW gets the Analog channels just fine- I am less than 2 miles from the TV towers :D

So it seems to me that the HD tuner was shot out of the package. I am planning for a replacement.

Am I on the right track?

MyHD/Driver version: 1.65.2.

Thanks,

MTG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Watson
You are on the right track.
Cliff,

Thanks for the super prompt response, and for confirming my guess.

MTG

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I know this'll sound stupid (on my part), but you did try both antenna inputs on the MyHD MDP130 (or try selecting both).

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I agree that it is probably a bad board. However, you did state that you are using a PIII box. MyHD needs the PCI bus to be v2.2 compliant. Some PIII chipsets, such as the BX, only support v2.1, while others, such as the 810, support v2.2.

You state that you can playback DVDs fine. I doubt that having the wrong PCI version would manifest itself in the form of the tuner not working. However, to avoiding wasting your time by possibly sending back a good board, it would not hurt to test the board in a more modern PC before sending it back.

-Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.