AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 13024 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about this?

I heard it got introduced at the just-completed CES show ... supposed to be nextgen chipset and support 8VSB and QAM, supposedly ...

- litz

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Now Cliff, play nice. Not everyone has been reading the "Timeshifting" thread.

My 100 mysteriously died, so I for one am waiting for the release of this one. The card actually works, but the HD portion of the tuner can not find any HD channels.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Since All In Wonder supports MCE 2005 and has the same tuner as the MDP-130, will the MDP-130 ever support BDA drivers and MCE 2005?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by kevo
Since All In Wonder supports MCE 2005 and has the same tuner as the MDP-130, will the MDP-130 ever support BDA drivers and MCE 2005?

No! MDP-130 is still a hardware decoder with a newer tuner.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
So will the 130 live happily in a system with a 120?

Either way... I've got a great excuse to have a second HTPC now.

By the way... will the 130 still use the same application interface? Or can we expect a nice overhaul to the software as well?

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Sadly, no they won't live together if I understand what Cliff said.

-MP

·
Registered
43 Posts
With PCI Express slowing showing up, will MIT be producing an alternate version for the newer bus? I'd hate to put a new HTPC together with a nice PCI-x graphics card and not have the new MyHD work. Or am I completely off-base?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by madpoet
Sadly, no they won't live together if I understand what Cliff said.

-MP

I finally found his posts on it in the TimeShift thread.

I can live with only 1 MyHD card in a system, especially if the tuner is a little more sensitive.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Will the new card address the DVI problems of the MDP-120?

Every display that I have used the DVI out of from it displays the image wrong - missing off large portions of the right hand side of the image.

It would be nice if it had 50Hz support as well!

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Matt, I know when the DVI was shifted on my TV I had to go into the TV itself and adjust the centering for the DVI input. It was very different than all the others for some reason. This was true regardless of the DVI source. So are you sure it's not your display that is the issue?

·
Registered
441 Posts
No, I've had two DVD players, both outputting at the same resolution - 1080i - that are perfect.

I've tried the MyHD on my Sony HS10, and two Plasmas - a Hitach and Panasonic and it does exactly the same thing on those. Infact its worse on the Plasmas because it leaves a thin black border on the left hand side.

I've tried enabling and disabling the Digital Panel option on the MyHD to no avail.

Its a shame because other than that the DVI output is excellent.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I'd really bet it's the centering on your set
. I've got a Hitachi also, and I had to set it up correctly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think HDMI is a little too new for PC's right now. Seeing as how HDMI is video and audio all in one, that issue will probably be tackled by nvidia or ATI before another company does it. Those 2 companies would probably be the first to turn HDMI into a PC standard. That would be my educated guess on how HDMI will find it's way to the PC. Just remember that most still use the VGA port and DVI still is far behind that.

1 - 20 of 13024 Posts