AVS Forum banner

6361 - 6380 of 13024 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHDfan /forum/post/0


When I click on TitanTVHelper in the My HD folder, it gives "Failed to read packet!" error.

Don't do that!


TTVhelper is not a user-run app. It's called by the OS when a TTVP/TTVI file is opened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Thanks, TPeterson!


It works when I click on the TitanTV web page.


BTW, can we expect to have a newer version of the My HD software (driver) that enables us to watch QAM channels in the clear at higher frequencies (in my case, NBC and ABC from Fairfax Cox Cable - at 843MHZ)?


One thing I noticed about the timeshifting is that when I set the maximum buffer time length at T (e.g., 120 minuites), the actual maximum buffer time length shown on the screen is T/2 (e.g., 60 minutes). Is that a bug of the software or did I miss anything?


Thanks again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHDfan /forum/post/0


Thanks, TPeterson!


It works when I click on the TitanTV web page.


BTW, {1} can we expect to have a newer version of the My HD software (driver) that enables us to watch QAM channels in the clear at higher frequencies (in my case, NBC and ABC from Fairfax Cox Cable - at 843MHZ)?


One thing I noticed about the timeshifting is that {2} when I set the maximum buffer time length at T (e.g., 120 minuites), the actual maximum buffer time length shown on the screen is T/2 (e.g., 60 minutes). Is that a bug of the software or did I miss anything?


Thanks again!

1) I'm looking into that. The first part of the answer is that pre-MDP130 folks are SOL, because their tuners are limited to 800 MHz.


2) The time calculation is for 8VSB, which has half the bit rate of QAM. The "bug" is that the sw doesn't adjust for the type of stream that is buffered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson /forum/post/0


1) I'm looking into that. The first part of the answer is that pre-MDP130 folks are SOL, because their tuners are limited to 800 MHz.


2) The time calculation is for 8VSB, which has half the bit rate of QAM. The "bug" is that the sw doesn't adjust for the type of stream that is buffered.

I thought pre-130 didn't do QAM anyhow?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad-Rok /forum/post/0


dailowai, your next best step is to read up on the MyHD's capabilities on www.digitalconnection.com , download the manual, and make sure to look at Cliff's notes there.

As a new user of MyHD, just put the card in yesterday, I've discovered that the Korean produced PDF manual is broken. The copy that comes on the CD errors with Reader 7. Looking at it with Reader 5 (under Linux), says that it is broken and might be better if the Korean stuff is installed. Appears to be a problem with producing the English version and not stripping all of the Korean requirements out of the source document. The version pointed to in your link is a little better. Reader 7 doesn't complain as bad. But many of the pages are just plain blank or messed up, i.e., the first page of the keyboard shortcuts only has the grid, the text is missing. The version on the CD has the same screwed up pages.


The only thing close to a manual that has everything is to print the HTML version that is on the CD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,225 Posts
Mr. Video--


Read the FAQ. It's well known that you need to install the korean character set to view the manual. That's not "broken", it's a documented "feature".



Just install the bleepin' characters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
If you buy this card with the DVI-D loop can it captured and record a DVI-D input?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,303 Posts
I also recently bought the 130, and ran into the same problem as Mr. Video -- and it solved nicely when I quit ignoring the messages from Acrobat Reader to install the Korean font set. It's surely not what I would call intuitive...


Meanwhile, I'm seeing a problem whenever I do a timer recorder. The recording process works just fine, but the program freezes up after the recording is done and has to be manually stopped. After that, it fails to work properly until I reboot my computer.


Can anyone else had this problem, and if so do we have a solution posted somewhere within the 213 pages of this thread?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson /forum/post/0


That's not "broken", it's a documented "feature".

A feature I can well do without.


Quote:
Just install the bleepin' characters.

Not worth the trouble trying to find them and install them. A correctly produced manual wouldn't require them



I printed out the HTML pages, double-sided. Not perfect, but works.


It took some help from a local AVS member to figure out how to tune any DTV subchannel. I'm used to a STB whereby if you tune the DTV channel, all sub-channels become available. When I was sitting on a DTV stream, the sub-channel button (Ctrl-S) did nothing, opposite of what is implied in the manual. Doesn't happen with MyHD, unless you auto scan. Even after the auto scan, the sub-channel button does nothing. I have no idea how that button is supposed to work.


I'm going to get around the problem by doing what the local user did and that is edit the channel list and make all sub channels real integer channels, i.e., 21-1=21, 21-2=22 and 21-3=23.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,486 Posts
While setting up a cpature, there is an option to set the capture file size, 650MB, 2GB or custom. The manual mentions that NTFS doesn't have a file limit, but there isn't an option for no limit. Does one enter 0 into the custom box or an extremely large number?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/0


Not worth the trouble trying to find them and install them. A correctly produced manual wouldn't require them

Adobe Reader 7 automagically finds the Korean fonts and asks if you want to install them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/0


...I'm going to get around the problem by doing what the local user did and that is edit the channel list and make all sub channels real integer channels, i.e., 21-1=21, 21-2=22 and 21-3=23.


Or you could turn off "virtual channel" mode (from the Channel List menu) which sound like it is set.


Also, why are you not using the remote?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/0


While setting up a cpature, there is an option to set the capture file size, 650MB, 2GB or custom. The manual mentions that NTFS doesn't have a file limit, but there isn't an option for no limit. Does one enter 0 into the custom box or an extremely large number?

I set mine to 36 G.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub /forum/post/0


Adobe Reader 7 automagically finds the Korean fonts and asks if you want to install them.

Interesting, it didn't say/ask that it wanted to go get them, it only said that it was looking for updates. To me that means looking for a newer version of Reader 7, which I cancelled.


I'll put in the CD later and see what the result is after that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/0


Interesting, it didn't say/ask that it wanted to go get them, it only said that it was looking for updates. To me that means looking for a newer version of Reader 7, which I cancelled.


I'll put in the CD later and see what the result is after that.

Mine says looking for updates, then it goes and finds the Korean fonts on the net from Adobe. It presents a prompt about what it is suggesting I install and I just tell it to continue.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by netman /forum/post/0


Or you could turn off "virtual channel" mode (from the Channel List menu) which sound like it is set.

It is. It is the only way that auto scan will map in the virtual channels and it sounds like, all of the DTV sub channels as well.

Quote:
Also, why are you not using the remote?

How does that help getting to a sub channel. I tried it with the remote by entering the channel number of the station and then hitting the sub-ch button, again, nothing.


OK, I just tried it again. This time I turned off virtual channel mode. Damn, the sub channel button now works. OK, that helps explain the poor english in the manual, specifically the piece that describes the remote control SUB-CH button. But, the configuration box that has the on-screen sub-channel button, there is no note that says it doesn't work in virtual channel mode.


I prefer the virtual channel listings, so I'll have to get at the sub channels by channel changing through them, just like I do now with the two STBs.


In any event, thanks for clearing up how that all works.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,486 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Desmond /forum/post/0


I also recently bought the 130, and ran into the same problem as Mr. Video -- and it solved nicely when I quit ignoring the messages from Acrobat Reader to install the Korean font set. It's surely not what I would call intuitive...


Meanwhile, I'm seeing a problem whenever I do a timer recorder. The recording process works just fine, but the program freezes up after the recording is done and has to be manually stopped. After that, it fails to work properly until I reboot my computer.


Can anyone else had this problem, and if so do we have a solution posted somewhere within the 213 pages of this thread?

If you don't find it "intuitive" that a PDF produced by a Korean company might have a need for some korean characters, I think you need to get out more.



What sort of "timer recording" are you having a problem with? AFAIK, I've not heard of the symptom you describe.


BTW, rather than carping about the wealth and size of this thread, you can find answers to a lot of questions in the "Meta FAQ" that sfhub has painstakingly created for newbies.
 
6361 - 6380 of 13024 Posts
Top