AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a solution to playback an entire movie recorded on several DVDs with MyHD without ANY manipulation (after the beginning of the movie) and with no sound or video breakup.

I'm trying to use the play file list but it doesn't work when files are on different drives.

I also try with shortcuts to file located on different drives, doesn't work either.

Does anyone manage to do this ??

J&B

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was able to create a play list using beta3, and I used a file on the hard drive and the next numbered file on a DVD+R and it played fine. There was a slight pause as the DVD-Rom spun up. I tried it again and there was no pause because the DVD-Rom had already cached. Can you elaborate a little more what failed for you? I was plotting to do this exact thing with 2 DVD readers. BTW, my current DVD reader is the Sony DRU-500A with fireware 2.0e. Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the play list where I tried to put 4 files : one on the hard drive, one on the dvd player, one on the hard drive...

when I played, the first file played ok but at the end of it, it just stopped and did not play the second one (did not even try)

4 files are sequentially numbered files coming from the same movie.

J&B

PS : I'm using version 1.55 not beta3

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe there is an option in the File Capture config panel under Loop Option that says something like "Play all files in list". Select that and try again. I also noticed the next numbered file will always play next unless you uncheck that option. Meaning if you had movie_1, 2 and 3 on drive C: and you only wanted movie_1 to play before you went to the next item on a D: drive in your play list, movie_1,2 and 3 will play regardlessly. Good luck.

-Rob

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I check any loop options it loops on the same file (in fact it tries and crashes most of the time) and it does not switch to the next file if the next file is not on the same drive as the file before.

If I check "play the next numbered file continuously" it does exactly what you described : it takes the next file on the same drive if it exists if not it stops whatever list you type in...

You said that you have managed to do this with beta3. Did you try it with 1.55 ???

J&B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.