AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning towards buying a MyHD HDTV tuner card, but have some questions about its recording capabilities. It says I can record HDTV broadcasts, but doesn't go into details on how this is achieved. I'd hate to purchase the card and find out it down-sizes the HDTV broadcast to a 480p video to record it.

So, I'm able to record an HDTV broadcast and re-play the video to my High Definition TV in its native 1080i or 720p?

Am I also able to view the HDTV broadcast on my HDTV while it's recording?

What's the format of this recorded stream?

Any more details on the actual recording process are much appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
You should spend more time reading the many threads about HDTV tuners and recording in this and the HDTV Recorder forums. That way the same questions would not have to be answered day after day.

"So, I'm able to record an HDTV broadcast and re-play the video to my High Definition TV in its native 1080i or 720p?"

Yes

"Am I also able to view the HDTV broadcast on my HDTV while it's recording?"

Yes

"What's the format of this recorded stream? "

ATSC Transport Stream (compressed MPEG2 and compressed AC-3 "Dolby Digital Audio")

"Any more details on the actual recording process are much appreciated. thanks."

1) You can schedule a recording using TitanTV EPG (free)

2) Setup a manual scheduled recording

3) Press the record button on the remote to record in the here and now

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cliff. I did do a search and after reading too many irrelevant posts and not finding what I was looking for, I figured I'd write up a quick post. Isn't this what the furoms are all about? Repeat posts are simply part of the game until a better search feature is implemented. Seems searching with 'AND' or without doesn't make a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.