AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get OTA 5.1 audio from the MyHD card to the analog out on the M-Audio Revo? What about .vob files?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still haven't got this working. Any suggestions?

Thx

·
Registered
271 Posts
I cannot say for certain as I do not use the analog out on the Revo, but to send the MyHD output to the Revo you need to set MyHD to WAVE output. To send the signal over S/PDIF to my receiver I set the Revo to DIGITAL, so in theory you would just set the Revo output to 5.1 or the like.

I'm not sure this will work, as I said I don't use analog out on the Revo, but the key is to set MyHD to WAVE output. Hope this helps.

Don

Quote:
Originally posted by gakins
Is there any way to get OTA 5.1 audio from the MyHD card to the analog out on the M-Audio Revo? What about .vob files?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by opus74
I cannot say for certain as I do not use the analog out on the Revo, but to send the MyHD output to the Revo you need to set MyHD to WAVE output. To send the signal over S/PDIF to my receiver I set the Revo to DIGITAL, so in theory you would just set the Revo output to 5.1 or the like.

I'm not sure this will work, as I said I don't use analog out on the Revo, but the key is to set MyHD to WAVE output. Hope this helps.

Don
Don, Thanks for the reply. My pre/pro bit the dust so I had this working minus the Revo via S/PDIF. Instead of replacing the pre/pro ($$$) I decided to go the "HTPC as pre/pro" route.

I have this much working...

WinDVD 4 or what ever shipped with the Revo will pass analog 5.1 DD, but not DTS. I understand that is a WinDVD limitation unless I upgrade. I have TT also, but think it only does stereo only unless you use S/PDIF.

MyHD is set to Wave and the Revo puts test tones out fine to the 5 speakers. I get stereo only from .vob files when I play them from the Revo and stereo only on OTA HDTV. I can't confirm 100% that the OTA is not working as not many broadcasts seem to use 5.1.

Unfortunately I deleted the only .ts files I had that used 5.1 a few weeks back to free up some space.

Thanks again for the reply...

Gary

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gary,

Did you ever figure out if MyHD passes through AC-3 (DD5.1) audio through the "WAVE" output, or stereo (pcm) only?

-Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.