AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a MyHD 120 card and I am having some problems capturing when using the component, s-video, or ant2 inputs. What happens is that the control panel buttons for pause and stop of recording are not functioning. What is more, if I right click on the capturing image, the panel's lines for "pause" and "stop" of capturing are greyed out - not working. The sound does continue, but the image and the program are frozen.

I have tired using the panel that does manual recording, that is, after right clicking on the image I choose capture. In the subsequent panel I can specify the recording time duration, after which the recording will stop. This does not work either, when the recording stops the image freezes. The recording panel control buttons only work when doing HD recording - ant1.

I am using the newest version of the software 1.62.3 driver and the 1.62.2 application. I run win2k with 1 gig memory and 200 gig storage and an AMD 2800+ processor.

I used to be able to record from composite, s-video, and ant2 with my old MyHD 100 card. Is this non-recording situation particular to the MyHD 120 cards? Have they disabled the analog recording inputs?

Any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Have they disabled the analog recording inputs?"

No they have not. Just the other day I tested recording from S-Video input and one other owner is doing scheduled recording from analog input.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clff, thank you for your answer. It seems as if the problem might be a software one. However, I have uninstalled the device several times, loaded versions 1.60 and 1.61 to no avail. That is why I am thinking that this may be a hardware problem.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cai
Clff, thank you for your answer. It seems as if the problem might be a software one. However, I have uninstalled the device several times, loaded versions 1.60 and 1.61 to no avail. That is why I am thinking that this may be a hardware problem.
What settings do you have for analog recording set in MyHD Control Panel. In other words what video and audio CODEC are you using?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cliff, this is what I have :

vga setup - overlay mode - vop 30 fields/sec

capture setup - analog - motion video capture

detail options

tansport stream capture options

2 gig

motion video capture options

digital - realtek ac97 audio

analog - mono mix

video compression - indeo 5x

video capture size - 320x240

audio compression - microsoft adpcm

capture mode field mode

Hope this helps. Thank you.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Wow, MIT has done some work on analog capture.

I used the same settings (CODEC) as you except I set analog audio to Wave Out Mixer (as it should be) and set MyHD resolution to 480p to have the correct aspect ratio in the capture file.

I recorded 10 minutes of PBS talking heads and had no lip sync or speed-up or slow down of video. I may be using a different MyHD Audio Filter that was recently posted at MIT.

Try this filter www.nabs.net/cwatson53/MyHD_AudFilter.ax

Rename the old file and copy this one into the MyHD folder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cliff,

I have yet to get analog capture to work well. No matter what settings I try, the video plays back at 1/2 speed and the audio at full speed. Even with the settings listed above.

I am using the current beta and I even tried the file that you posted above. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cliff:

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried the new filter, but it did not work, the image keeps freezing when I stop the recording or when it stops from a programmed recording. The stop and pause are, for some reason, not working with analog capturing.

What could cause this, beats me. I do recall that yesterday I did one successful small trial recording using composite. Then, I connected the s-video and the entire analog capturing stopped working properly. Now the composite does not work properly either. The sound keeps on going, but the program freezes to the point that I have to reboot. An AVI file is sometimes created, but it is unplayable. The first one does play. Since I am using win2k there is no Indeo codec problem. Seems as if some file got corrupted somewhere along the line. I Have reinstalled the entire card - disconnected it and then reinstalled it - with no luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson
No idea. What sound card are you using and what setting in MyHD control panel.
Sound dosen't seem to be an issue, but I am using an SB Audigy. The sound records at a normal speed, but the video is at 1/2 speed. So if I do a 1 min. capture, it will take 2 min to play back. The audio will play from start to end in 1 min and the video takes 2 min to play from start to end. I have tried all of the Audio and video CoDec options, and they all have the same results.

Motion Video Capture:

X Digital: SB Audigy Audio

Analog: Analog mix

Video Compression is currently Indeo 5.x, but I have also tried RGB 24bpp and RGB 16bpp with the same results.

Video Capture size, I have tried both 320x240 and 640x480

Audio Compression I have tried both PCM and Microsoft ADPCM

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cliff:

I tend to agree with you. I am making that my next project. After the Super Bowl, I will install winXP on this machine.

Thank you for your help and I will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
â€Sound dosen't seem to be an issue, but I am using an SB Audigyâ€

Sound is always an issue when recording Audio-Video-Interleaved (AVI).

â€The sound records at a normal speed, but the video is at 1/2 speed.â€

That means that the audio is not interleaved properly with the video. The video may be recorded at the wrong frame rate.

You do realize that AVI recording are all done with Windows API and CODEC and that MyHD is simply providing the front end and a pin that the API uses to get the video. The Windows audio CODEC gets the audio from the soundcard mixer pin.

There are some good articles in the Microsoft knowledge base for AVI capture.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:

That means that the audio is not interleaved properly with the video. The video may be recorded at the wrong frame rate.
Where can I control the frame rate? MyHD does not seem to have any control over this.

Quote:

There are some good articles in the Microsoft knowledge base for AVI capture.
Any tips what to search for? The MKB is huge, it could take days to find anything even remotely relevant to this situation.

Have you heard of others with this problem, or is this unique in your experience?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Where can I control the frame rate? MyHD does not seem to have any control over this."

All controls are from within the CODEC. When you select a CODEC in MyHD setup it provides any control options to the right of the CODEC dropdown menu. Most CODEC included in Windows have little or no user controls.

DivX and YMPEG CODEC provide many options to custom adjust the capture. Try this free MPEG CODEC;

EDIT: Link to Alpha version od YMPEG removed. This version caused a crash of the OS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.