AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I discovered that a scheduled MyHD program hadn't recorded; and it's the one my wife really cares about, of course. :( Instead, I found a "DTV Card Error" window offering to send information to Microsoft. As far as I can tell, the error occurs right at the time when the MyHD app launches. I had WinTV recording from 9-10PM, and MyHD scheduled to record from 10-11PM, so maybe the two overlapped and slapped each other. I tried to reproduce the failure this morning, but of course, it all worked beautifully.

I hadn't had these problems when I tested MyHD before, though I didn't test very much--2 or 3 flawless 1 hr. recordings, all waking up from hibernation. So I'm wondering what I have done to muck up my system:

- I have installed DirectX9 (thanks, Snapstream), but my video card (Radeon 9000 PRO) really doesn't support it. Not sure how MyHD would be affected by this.

- I have installed/uninstalled various versions of WinTV, Haupagge drivers, SageTV and Snapstream.

- I have gone from MyHD 1.60 app+drivers to the 1.62 version, though going back to 1.60 didn't seem to help when I first experienced this problem.

- WinTV now has its own special Powerstrip profile (see this posting ), which was active at the time.

I originally experienced the problem when waking up from hibernation, and setting MyHD to record as a background task solved the problem... Or so I thought. But last night's failure happened while the system was fully up and running.

Of course, careless me did not set an XP restore point, so now I'm looking at the prospect of re-installing XP to get back to my original, allegedly working config.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also have yet to be able to record something by reservation on the myHD application. I set it and then when i come back to check on it, nothing's happening. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the newest version of both the app and driver, 1.62.2

-Spencer

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the record, I have been able to record MyHD reservations. It's just that I'm not yet sure I can depend on it happening reliably.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also always crash when waking up from standby... no mater what. The only solution for the problem I could find was to prevent the computer from form going into standby. It now records flawlessly. I did this in Windows XP in the Start->Control Panel->Power Options ->Power Schemes -> Always On.

I then set my monitor to turn off after after 15 minutes so at least I get some type of automatic power savings.

If you want some type of official support you must post in the official support thread : Here .

I haven't read this long thread completely but I seem to remember this being a common problem.

·
Banned
539 Posts
It is a pretty common problem for third party drivers and programs to have trouble re-initializing coming out of hibernation or standby. I gave up on this years ago. The only thing I power down is the monitor. I was powering down hard drives, but the annoying access delay bugged me, so I am pretty much 24/7.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.