AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my MyHD MDP-100, I get a black screen and no audio when playing back any recorded stream with subchannels. This is with both s/w version 1.60U, and 1.62.1, I record PBS channels 2-1 and 2-2, the first being SD and the second HD. During live viewing, I can switch between them just fine When I record either one (I understand they are part of the same transport stream, so they both get dumped onto disk regardless of which subchannel I'm on when I initiate recording), the resulting file exhibits this behavior (no video and audio) during playback.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't know if that got fixed or not, but there was a weird procedure you had to go through to get 2-2 to display during playback. You started the playback and 2-1 would play. You had to hit the subchannel button on the remote during playback, and you would get a "blank" subchannel box on the screen. I think you had to hit "down" on the remote 1 time, and then hit OK. You would then get a blank screen for about 15-20 seconds, and then 2-2 would appear. Then you had to backup to the beginning of the recorded file. Quite a pain...

That may have been fixed, not sure, I've been away from here for awhile, and I don't record subchannels much.

Snappy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I did a search before I posted my question, and saw that procedure being reported. My problem is however that I don't get *ANY* subchannel to play - just a blank screen and no sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.