1 - 20 of 555 Posts

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cliff's wish is my command ;).

This thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6&pagenumber=5

was getting choked with at least three kinds of topics: general setup/tech support issues, unconfirmed bugs, and new feature requests.

This thread will be for new owners setup help and general tech support/ operational questions (not in the manual ;) ).

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I received a myHD card today, and am attempting to install it in my PC:

Asus CuSL2

P3 [email protected] 733

512MB Crucial CL2

SBLive X-gamer full version

CL GForce2 Ultra

The driver won't take. The "New Device Found" dialog comes up, and I point the search field to the appropriate drive/directory, but the dialog says "Windows cannot find a driver for this device" and leaves an Unknown Device in the device manager.

tried diffrent slots. No luck.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Rob,

Don't use the auto search feature of Windows. Use the "Install from a list or specific location". After list list come up click the Have Disk and point to the INF file to install the driver.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rgb
Thanks, Cliff. I think you mentioned this in another thread, but I couldn't remember the remedy.

I'll try it in a few minutes.

Also if you are connected to the internet and have auto driver update enabled Windows will install the old 1.50 drivers off the update website.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I have a problem...the card is working pretty well. The lesser of the 2 problems I am having is this...if I double click to come out of full screen HD mode...and the right click to get the pop-up menu...the computer locks up hard...I have to wait 4 or 5 seconds before right clicking.

The worse of the problems is...when I try to tune to channel D 21 (FOX) here in Minneapolis...the computer instantly reboots...no lockup...just a reboot from the bios check screen...then Windows XP wants to send an error report.

This happens when I try to manually tune to ch 21, or when I have MyHD do a channel search. It crashes as soon as ch 21 comes up. FOX WFTC here in Minneapolis broadcasts an HD signal on 21-1...an SD feed on 21-2 and a DATA channel on 21-100. On my RCA box...the data channel swows up as blank and I don't believe they are using it for anything.

Does anyone have any ideas?

PS...I have a AMD 1600mHz...windows XP...and Soyo Dragon motherboard.

Thanks!

EJ

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bug reports from the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Shappell
Bug Report:

1) SPDIF pass-through has issues.

I was incredibly impressed by the cards ability to pass-through SPDIF to the sound card. However, my excitment turned to a bit of frustration as I noticed that I experience a number of dropouts of the audio when using this feature. I have tried this with both an SB Live and DIO 2496 and both cards have this problem, although I think the DIO is worse.

The settings I am using are WAV only checked for audio output and SPDIF selected as the digital output type. I noticed that the DIO does properly detect the SPDIF stream and switch to professional/non-audio in the control panel (but this does not appear to be required). Is there a way to avoid the dropouts that someone (e.g. Cliff :) knows about? I have found that the problem occurs when I set the DIO card to SPDIF input and route the sound through the card as well. The problem did not appear to happen when I connected the card directly to the receiver/decoder, but I would need more time to verify that one.

Some more testing reveals that if you pass SPDIF through the WAV device, then even the audio signal out the SPDIF port is affected. Occassionally, I get drops in audio to the SPDIF port unless I turn off WAV as an output device. I sure hope this can be fixed quickly as it is one of a few flaws that I have encountered for this card.

For those in the Seattle area, the card does properly handle AC3 content. Problem: I noticed that when a AC3 broadcast finishes, the sound for the regular stereo broadcast does not resume until I change channels. Others have pointed out the ABC in Seattle broadcasts on PID 0x24 for nornal and 0x25 for AC3. My guess is that the software does not reset after the lost signal on 0x25.

2) S-Video appears to be much brighter than its DTV counterparts.

I switched to an S-VIDEO source and the brightness was too high. I got this adjusted and switched back to DTV and it was now to bright. Do we need separate controls for the two inputs?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a problem playing back files. The recorded file starts out fine. If I stop this file and open another all I get is a black screen, no video or audio, the slider bar starts at zero. I get an hour glass like the file is openning then the slider jumps to four or five seconds. Display shows stereo audio but I have neither.

In order to watch a recorded show I have to watch one file, when it stop I change inputs and then start the second file. It works but it is a pain. I wonder if this is a problem with my card?

I've reloaded the latest software. I even reloaded windows and this is the only program I'm running on this system. Also if I hit the ratio button while playing a file, the screen goes black.

System:

P3 750mhz

Asus CUSL2-C (Intel 815E Chipset)

368 MB Ram

Maxtor 60G

Windows XP Pro:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Setup Question:

I am using Powerstrip to set my display to 920x500 and the desktop fits damn near perfect on my TV. Problem is when I Rt Click on the MyHD and go to configure the box is way bigger than the display. I get about half of the box. I tried a couple other settings 600x480, and 1920x540 and I still can't get all the box so I can do anything. Thanks

Dizzy

·
Registered
60 Posts
New bug:

1) Start the MyHD player

2) Bring up a window in front of player (M-Audio Dialog for example).

3) Use the HD button on the remote to go to full screen mode

4) Use the same button to return to the desktop

At this point, the mouse is locked to the MyHD overlay window and cannot be moved around the screen. The "other" window, in my case the M-Audio dialog must be dismissed and the mouse button clicked to get control of the mouse back again.

Mike

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I'm having a problem with Widnows 2000 shutdown and startup. When shutting down, the screen goes to blue and just hangs there. I have to turn the power off. On startup, the monitor comes up in standby and won't display unless I turn the monitor power off and back on during bootup. I have Widnows 2000 and the MyHD manual did not have any specific instructions. I was not able to find the option to turn the monitors plug and play off. I'm thinking that may be my problem - if someone can point me to that. Another item of possible note, I have installed an Adaptec usb/1394 card that required me to disable disable power management in the bios settings - maybe I have some conflict here?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dizzy49
Setup Question:

I am using Powerstrip to set my display to 920x500 and the desktop fits damn near perfect on my TV. Problem is when I Rt Click on the MyHD and go to configure the box is way bigger than the display. I get about half of the box. I tried a couple other settings 600x480, and 1920x540 and I still can't get all the box so I can do anything. Thanks

Dizzy
Dizzy,

This has been a known problem in windows for years. This is why WinXP does not list a resolution below 800x600.

Maybe we can get MIT to change the shape of the menu box.

When I absolutely have to work at a resolution below 600 vert. and open a long menu box I make the necessary selections in the window and then press the "Tab" key to hilight selections until the selected moves off screen and then I press tab two more times and then press enter key. Most of the times it works to select "apply".

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Shappell
New bug:

1) Start the MyHD player

2) Bring up a window in front of player (M-Audio Dialog for example).

3) Use the HD button on the remote to go to full screen mode

4) Use the same button to return to the desktop

At this point, the mouse is locked to the MyHD overlay window and cannot be moved around the screen. The "other" window, in my case the M-Audio dialog must be dismissed and the mouse button clicked to get control of the mouse back again.

Mike
Mike,

Now that you know about it…don’t do that. :D

When you open a window over the top of MyHD it moves the window focus to the new window and MyHD does not regain focus until that window is closed. That’s how windows works.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Dizzy,

I have a similar issue, here's what I've been doing....

I can see "most" of the dialog for the config, so I can set things up as I need....then to "Apply" the changes...just click on a grey area of the form, and press .

Worked for me.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Okay, I'll re-post one from the other thread to make sure it's registered.

One of my digital stations will not display correctly. If I tune to this station (Ch. 12, KNTV San Fran) from another digital station, the channel locks in with a strong signal strength, but only a black screen is displayed. I can get the channel to display by first tuning to an analog station, then going to a ch12.

a couple other users also confirmed that they are seeing this problem.

(Can I provide any more info to help to isolate the issue?)

1 - 20 of 555 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.