AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be a conflict with the capture drivers. If the Hauppage driver is working then the MyHD driver is not and visa versa.

Has anyone been able to get the MyHD card to work in an Media Center PC??

Thanks guys

Dave

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So MyHD is a great app unless you want to use it with a Media Center PC. Looks like I get to figure out how to have Girder disable MyHD when using MCE. Thats too bad. My ati all in wonder worked great next to the MyHD card. I guess its all in the drivers.

Final word. If you have a Media center PC DONT BUY the MYHD CARD.

Dave

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Does Media Center support HDTV?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kei Clark
Does Media Center support HDTV?
If the HDTV card comes with BDA drivers. :)

BTW, MCE already supports the Broadcast Flag.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing to consider is that Media Center Edition is going to be the de facto standard in the PC \\ HT convergence. It is unfortunate that a driver problem is keeping the MyHD card from being a part of that process. Not for MyHD to be a plugin to MCE, but just to be able to use the MyHD software \\ Hardware on the same MCE PC.

I sense there is no desire from the MYhd group to even consider making their drivers compatible with the XP MCE OS.

Would it not make sense for the MyHD developers to make the drivers at least compatible as a seperate application, with MCE?

Or maybe it is simply impossible to write compatible drivers.

Dave

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
â€Or maybe it is simply impossible to write compatible drivers.â€

Dave,

Or maybe MS already has a HDTV “partner†for MCE.

I was contacted by a MS employee about porting MyHD MDP120 over to BDA so it would function in MCE and when I requested a contact inside the MCE working group so MIT could get the necessary guidance it was never provided.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for making this forum a venting source. I just had high hopes of running both cards side by side. Now that I know I cannot, I have to make a decision on one or the other. Of course MyHD will prevail.

My Hauppage card is another door stop.

I think I will make another PC that does nothing but house all of my left over video cards.

AIW original

AIW PRO agp

AIW Radeon AGP original ( Removed due to purchase of 9800 pro )

Hauppage WinPVR 250 ( cant use for reasons above )

Next stop EBAY.

Dave:(

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
"My Hauppage card is another door stop."

Why? Take a look at SageTV. I don't have both in (MyHD 100 and PVR-250) one machine so I can not say if there are conflicts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So they dont work together. I have been able to make hauppage card work, but the key is to disable the MPD 100 device in Device manager first.

Simple enough, however I have searched the world and have yet to find any way to automate the process.

Anyone out there used any scripts or utilities for the disabling and enabling of devices in device manager.

Someone said that enabler.exe is what they used but I searched the web and have not been able to find it.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.